Hello, folks. I have some brown pigmented change on my face. It has been there for several months after my trip to the seaside. However, I am not sure whether it is mole or a freckle. Could someone tell me what the difference is between these two skin changes. I would appreciate it.

Hi, there. Both moles and freckles are accumulation of skin pigment – melanin. However, they are not the same. Freckles are small and usually in the skin. They are usually brown and they don’t appear on your birth. They are usually in the areas exposed to the sun. Moles vary in size and color. They can develop on every part of the skin. They can be elevated above the skin level. They have more probability to develop cancer than freckles. You should visit dermatologist to make sure which of these two you have.

Hello, folks. I have some brown pigmented change on my face. It has been there for several months after my trip to the seaside. However, I am not sure whether it is mole or a freckle. Could someone tell me what the difference is betwenn these two skin changes. I would appreciate it.