Hi, I am 21 and I started going to aerobic and gym. I hope you could answer my question, because it’s very important to me. What’s the difference between toning and bulking mass?

Hi, I did both-toning and bulking mass, and it worked for me. However, I had to change my diet. I did high reps and lower weights for toning. The difference between toning and bulking is that for toning you need moderate loads and long sets, and for bulking you need heavy weights and short sets. Girls usually do only toning, and guys bulking or both. Bodybuilders use bulking as overload principle. First, I did toning, because I wanted to start with it, and then when I lost the fat and when I felt ready, I started with bulking. I’m doing great, and I have to thank my trainer for that.

Hello jayne,

It is great that you have decided to start with exercising. This is one of the best ways not just to get yourself into the shape but to tone your body. To do this properly it is best to consult personal trainer in the gym you are attending. Because we are all different I believe he will let you know what you should do to achieve your goals.

Maybe you will have to adjust your nutrition a little bit but this shouldn’t be hard for you. Also he will see which areas of your body need more attention so he will probably make a workout program for you. You will simply need to follow this program and be persistent.