Hi, I've been pulling the foreskin back on my penis now for some time (I can get it all the way back) and I have some skin attached to the head of the penis and don't know what to do with it. I've heard some people just cut it but wouldn't that hurt and would it bleed? Any help would be greatful.

If you're talking about the frenulum, mine simply tore when I started having sex with my wife. It tore several times until it was gone. It hurt a bit and bled some too. I suppose if you have big cojones you could cut it yourself. Either way, don't allow the ends to reattach or it will be as short as before.

You are blessed with an erogenous, highly-innervated, protective foreskin. Many unforeskinned guys would envy your foreskin even though it does not retract. You display great wisdom in wanting to avoid circumcision.

You are very fortunate to have parents that did not circumcise you. You have a whole, complete penis so you have sex the way nature intended it.

That piece of skin at the bottom of the glans that connects the foreskin to the head is called the frenulum. Almost every male is born with a frenulum. It is normal and it is supposed to be there. The frenulum has a high level of sensation because of its high innervation and serves to limit the rearward travel of the foreskin. The stretching of the frenulum during sexual intercourse helps to trigger ejaculation. Pulling the foreskin back with too much force can tear the frenulum. The frenulum carries important blood vessels so tearing it usually causes bleeding.

If you have torn your frenulum, try pulling your foreskin forward into its normal position covering the head and leaving it alone for two weeks while it heals.

If your foreskin bunches up behind the head when you retract you most likely have a short frenulum (frenulum breve). Test it by pulling back on the foreskin. If the head of your penis bends down when you pull back your foreskin, you have frenulum breve.

You can have sex as you are. Just use lots of lubrication and penetrate slowly, gently, and carefully.

You can stretch the frenulum manually just like you do your foreskin. The stretching is slow because it only goes as fast as tissue expansion That is the best course of action if the frenulum is too short to permit your foreskin to retract. Search the Internet for:

“How to Fix Phimosis and Tight Foreskins, Solutions That Work”

and you will find the information you need.

There also is a minor operation to relieve the frenulum, called frenuloplasty and another called frenectomy. One of these might be necessary, if the stretching does not work. Urologists do this.

Don’t let anyone sell you a circumcision. Circumcision is NOT necessary to treat this condition and is very harmful.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use