Couldn't find what you looking for?


hey my penis is uncircumcised and I like anyone other guy if your uncircumcised your skin covers the head of the penis and when its erected it uncovers it. Well when I checked it has this skin thing attached to it. And every time i have an erection it won't go down because there is a skin attached to it is this normal? Will it go away? Thanks!


User avatar
Health Ace
6880 posts
It's called a frenulum. Google that and look at the pics.
No it probably won't go away by itself. It may rip during sex so it no longer holds the foreskin from going back, mine did. The most likely way for you to get rid of it is to have a doctor cut it. If you do, make sure she/he cuts it so it is no longer holding anything. I can tell you it is a joy to have a foreskin that rolls back all the way easily. It allows the inner foreskin to be stretched during intercourse without hurting. That stretching is an exquisite pleasure.


Hi blahblahblah23:

You are blessed with a highly-innervated, highly-erogenous foreskin.

That "skin thing" is probably your frenulum. Almost every male is born with a frenulum. It is normal and it is supposed to be there. The frenulum has a high level of sensation because of its high innervation and serves to limit the rearward travel of the foreskin. The stretching of the frenulum during sexual intercourse helps to trigger ejaculation. Pulling the foreskin back with too much force can tear the frenulum.

If your foreskin bunches up behind the head when you retract you most likely have a short frenulum (frenulum breve). Test it by pulling back on the foreskin. If the head of your penis bends down when you pull back your foreskin, you have frenulum breve.

You can stretch the frenulum manually just like you do your foreskin. That is the best course of action if the frenulum is too short to permit your foreskin to retract. Search the Internet for:

“How to Fix Phimosis and Tight Foreskins, Solutions That Work”

and you will find the information you need.

There also is a minor operation to relieve the frenulum, called frenuloplasty and another called frenectomy. One of these might be necessary, if the stretching does not work. Urologists do this.

Don’t let anyone sell you a circumcision. Circumcision is NOT necessary to treat this condition and is very harmful.