I am 16 years old 

When i have not got an erection my foreskin will retract fully all the way past the head and all the way down with ease, however during an erection it feels fairly tight and uncomfortable when I retract it past the head. Also it will only go back to expose the glands and no further. This was something that worried me because in internet clips it looks as if men can pull their foreskin all the way back. I have been to a doctor and he said that as long as i can clean properlly it doesnt matter however i just want to clarify how far the foreskin should retract for sexual intercourse. 

Thanks

Tobster, your foreskin should slide freely when erect as well, but, at 16 it is VERY COMMON for it not to.

Just keep stretching it.  Check out this thread, read the whole thing.

Post back if you have any questions. 

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the help, really appreciate it. Do you think i should stretch while erect or not, taking into account that my foreskin will slide all the way when i am not erect. 

I think it would work better when erect.  You need to put tension on the skin to make it grow and loosen.  Just going back and forth won't help unless it is being stretched.

Whatever works for you is the best way.  There is no "right" or "wrong" way.

Good luck, keep us posted.

im a bit older but i still can't get me forskin to pull all the back down, i have regualr sex with my girl friend but can't seen to keep the forskin down - what can i do or will i need to see my doctor.

Stretch it Jat. It really should slide.

When it slides freely it's more pleasurable for you.

hi medic,

i am 26 and I recently noticed the probelm in me, Is it worth doing to the exercise now or should consult the doctor.

helpless !!! ;-(

Hi Tobster102:

Do not compare yourself to porn actors. They are adult and most are circumcised.

The frenulum limits the amount of retraction that is possible. If your foreskin retracts into the corona behind the head you should be fine.

That piece of skin at the bottom of the glans is called the frenulum. It is normal and it is supposed to be there. The frenulum serves to limit the rearward travel of the foreskin. The frenulum has a high level of sensation.

If your foreskin bunches up behind the head when you retract you most likely have a short frenulum (frenulum breve). Test it by pulling back on the foreskin. If the head of your penis bends down when you pull back your foreskin, you have frenulum breve.

You can stretch the frenulum manually just like you do your foreskin. That is the best course of action if the frenulum is too short to permit your foreskin to retract. Search the Internet for:

“How to Fix Phimosis and Tight Foreskins, Solutions That Work”

and you will find the information you need.

There also is a minor operation to relieve the frenulum, called frenuloplasty and another called frenectomy. One of these might be necessary, if the stretching does not work. Urologists do this.

Hi Sonu2707:

You can start stretching your foreskin and/or frenulum at any age. It should not be necessary to consult a doctor who may want to do a circumci$ion.