Hello, guys. My husband has been on coronarography and the doctor has said that there are some plaques. He suggests surgery. I would like to know when coronary artery surgery is necessary. I am new with this and I would really appreciate any advice. I will be very grateful for that.

Hello to you too. I am sorry to hear that, but try not to worry too much if possible. There are some indications when coronary artery surgery is necessary. Disease of left coronary artery is one of them. It is very often related to sudden death. Disease of all three coronary artery is also another indication. Patients with severe dysfunction of the left ventricle are also candidates for the operation. Try to talk to your husband’s doctor. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!

Hello! Sorry for what happened to your husband, it will be necessary if there is severe hardening and narrowing of the coronary arteries and many coronary blood vessels are blocked. Therefore Surgeons use CABG to treat people who have severe coronary heart disease.