Hello, people. I would like to know something. My husband was examined by a cardiologist and he was found coronary arteries blocked. The doctor says it is severe and that surgery will be probably needed. I would like to know what surgery is performed in this situation. Thanks for all your replies.

Hi, there. If the coronary arteries are blocked, then oxygen transport to the heart is impaired. The heart cannot work without oxygen. It all depends in which level your husband's arteries are blocked, but I guess it is in larger percentage since his doctor recommends surgery. The standard procedure is called coronary bypass. It lasts between three and six hours. After the procedure, he will probably spend few days in intensive care. I would suggest you to talk to the doctor. He will fill you with more details. I hope everything will be all right.