My father has coronary artery disease and he will have CABG surgery very soon. He needs more then one bypass grafts. I hope that everything will be ok. I’m wondering how many coronary artery bypass grafts can you have. Does anybody know answer on my question? Anybody with experience with CABG surgery? Thanks!

The number of bypass graft depending on how many blockages you have and where they are located. I know for sure that you may have more than one bypass graft performed, but I think they can not put more then five bypass grafts during one surgery. My father has two bypass and he feel great now.

My friend just had 5 bypass a week ago and now she looks and feel a whole lot better. :-)

I had 7 bypasses done on June 6th 2010. The doctor said that it wasn't a record. There have been 9 bypasses done in one surgery and that is the record.

I had a 5 by-pass surgery 3 years ago (on Halloween ) and I've done great every since also I am 73 years old.

my mom in law just found out she has to have a 6 or 7 bypass graft. they tried to use stints but the blockage is 85-90% blocked. her son my husband had a cabg x 3 in dec 2011. thanks for helping us to know 6 or 7 grafts is possible. a bit of relief for us. :-)

I had 7 way BP on 4-21-09 at the age of 63 because I had a severe heart attack 2 days before. An angiogram revealed those 7 arteries had 75-100% blockage. The surgeon told me he had done up to 13 way BP at a time. He didn't say how the patient did afterwards. My PCP says he has a patient who has had 11. As for me, I have no complaints so far 7 years later. Recovery in the hospital was surprisingly easier than I would have thought even though I was there for 10 days. I didn't even do rehab after that. Just worked around the house. My blood analysis for 20 years before the attack was impeccable. Sky high good cholesterol and low bad cholesterol. The tests always stated that I had HALF the AVERAGE RISK of coronary disease as the average man. Also the attack really wasn't all that bad. I just felt crumby all over for a day, just before I went to a local urgent care center. The Dr. there said she couldn't find anything wrong with me - until she decided to run a EKG. When she looked at the results she about fainted. Go figure.

In 2002, I was 60 years old at the time, I had a heart attack that required open heart surgery. I was blessed to have the best heart surgeon in the state of Texas, Dr. Feliberto Rodriguez. He performed eight ( 8 ) bypasses. it is now 2017 and I am a healthy senior citizen, of course I now watch what I eat.

Back in July of 1991 my father had a massive heart attack. He was quickly transferred to another facility that was equipped more and had heart doctors on staff. In August of the year he was life flighted to a much bigger hospital with better equipment and doctors. My father was only 43 at the time. We was not told how many bypasses would be done. So we waited in the surgery waiting room for over 12 hours while they worked on my dad. But when it was done we was informed they had to do 8 grafts. The dr said he was the youngest patient that they had ever done bypass surgery on. And they had neber done that many grafts at one time on a patient before.

Right on sir keep up the good attitude!!!!!

I had 7 too. My doctor said the highest he did was 13

I have had two bypasses since 1998,the other one was Dec 2016.

i have had 7 bypass surgery July 2008

I had 6 bypasses in 2008 and I am feeling fine

I had 6 in 1996 and I'm doing fine. Last year I had a whole series of related tests because I was having trouble breathing. Due to the heart history they concentrated on heart related tests and everything was found to be fine. The problem was what  they called pigeon keepers lung caused by my parrot. I got of the parrot and my breathing is back to normal. It was nice to have the results of all those heart related tests though where the cardiologist said I'm doing better than most guys my age (77) who never had a heart problem.