I'd really be interested to hear of some interesting ways to meet people. If you don't go to bars or beds or ball room dancing to meet interesting people, what are some other interesting activities. If you already go to church, but there's no one of interest there, what else do people do to expand their social lives? I'd like to know what some of the less obvious activities are. What do you suggest?

To be perfectly honest, I talk to strangers, and that's made all the difference in the world. If you bear in mind that nine out of ten people will not really want to talk to you again, you keep perspective in doing it because you won't instantly meet people that you will want to talk to long-term. But I ask people questions, strike up random conversations, and that sort of thing anywhere. Do you live in an urban area or a more suburban one?

Hi:
I live in a more suburban area. I agree with you. I've had some very interesting conversations with strangers...very interesting people. That's a great idea. I do, however, enjoy meaningful relationships that could be long term. This is like a gift, because I know that most of us we will not have many of these in our lifetimes.

Well sometimes talking to a stranger is far easier than talking to a friend or a relative. Well I usually go to bars with friend to meet some new people, or some small parties. Some public events are also good way to meet someone and make new friends. I all depends from person to person, and how open minded you really are. If you are communicative and interesting many will want to know you.