My best friend's wife, who also happens to be my wife's cousin, has been calling me lately. The first time after about 15 mins of casual talk, I asked if she wanted to speak to my wife, which I thought was the purpose of her calling. My wife is now out of town visitng her parents. I got a call from his wife which started out as "how are you?", "what have you been doing?" Then into her possibly having depression. She then said she was doing good expect her sex life. And how it was pretty much non- existant. My best friend came home somewhere in the middle of our convo and then the subject completely ceised. I'm not sure if she is calling just for advice or my input, or is she interested in trying to pursue something with me. How do I handle this situation? I don't want to start a conflict by telling my friend. If she is just wanting advice I'd feel a lot better about the situation, but if it's something serious, how do I tell her I'm not interested without it effecting our "friend" relationship or causing conflict for them and for my wife and I.

I suppose it all depends on how comfortable or UNcomfortable you are about talking with her and whether your friend or your wife would be upset about you talking with her. Talking on the phone doesn't have to lead to anything you don't want it to. If she outright asks you to meet her, just say you don't think it would be appropriate. If she's obviously trying to turn the conversations into something you don't want, you can always steer it in a different direction or end it.

how do you feel about her calling you? it seems that its confusing and not the most pleasant for you. So be gentle and honest with her. Break it down into little bits. And if it all fails confide in your wife and ask what she thinks.