But really, how do you make a small talk? For example, you are sitting in the waiting room of your doctor's office and there is some guy sitting next to you, and you are both stuck out there for an hour...what do you do? Do you start a conversation? What do you talk about with a complete stranger? Or when some unknown lady sits next to you on the bus and you know you'll be sitting there for a couple of hours?

Well, I think that there are no strict rules on how to start a conversation in those situations – it just happens because that other person wants same information as you (how long are you going to wait, or how long the ride is going to take, for example) or is simply bored, just as you. And I think that probably one universal cliché topic is “the weather” – no matter who the other person is and what is the situation everyone always has something to say about the weather. But that can be really annoying, like when you’re tired, going home from work in a crowded bus and someone starts a monologue about “the rain today”

In order to meet people, you need to flirt meet them. You can't ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed skills if you're standing against a wall all night long. Get past your fear of approaching people; take a deep breath and jump in with both feet. People are inherently good natured. If someone is rude enough to blow you off without a thought, they aren't worthy of your attention.

well for me, ill be sitting ther blasting music from my ipod ;-)
im not too much of an outgoing person, so i dont have many tips for starting conversations, but a good thing to start on is usually finding common ground between u and other person, and finding a way to discuss it. oh look!, i gave advice :-D