My husband has recently developed an allergy.  One day about 3 weeks ago he broke out in hives all over his back.  He also had diarrhea and feeling of nausea.  Exactly one week later he had it again, I checked what he had eaten and again chicken and nuts so he stopped eating them.  Exactly one more week later he had the hives again... could Red wine vinegar have anything to do with it as it is the only new cooking ingredient I have bought recently... he has never been allergic to anything before...  Thanks for any helpful comments...

Red wine vinegar contains sulfites as do grapes, grape juices, wine and a number of foods including some nuts.  There are a number of people who are allergic to sulfur.  This is a big deal.  My guess is that your husband is allergic to sulfur and that means you need to check all the foods that you bring in the house for sulfur content.  I don't know all the foods that contain sulfur I only know a few as I listed above.  You'll have to do a search on the computer (do a little homework) and make a list.  If you husband keeps having reactions they could get worse and this will weaken his immune system.  Oh, don't forget OTC meds.  Some of them have sulfur in them as well.  And, of course he can't sulfur antibiotics.  I hope all works out well for both of you.