Anyone, get this same thing happen to them after consuming evn small amounts of vinegar..? So I am an avid eater of vinergar and cucumbers or vinegar and lettuce, shortly afterward I get a stuffy nose and congested head. I associated this together a few months ago but was in denial of me having an allergy to vinegar, I noticed it happened every time after eating italian dressing. I soon narrowed it down to the vinegar. Wow what a deal. I have gone 30+ years without knowing I have this small allergy to vinegar, anyone else have the same thing, and what are your symptoms..?

You could have a Candida infection. Candida is a type of fungus that's pretty common for people to have nowadays, especially if they've taken antibiotics. Fungus thrives on fermented foods like vinegar.

However, this is just speculation and it may be something entirely different.

Maybe you could try using apple cider vinegar (with the "mother"). It's an alkaline pH, doesn't feed fungus like other vinegars (if that's the issue), and is much easier to digest than any other vinegar. Bragg's is a fantastic one for you to try.

thanks for the reply, I will take your opinion and put it in place. Thanks again! :-)

My mother had a problem with itching all over after consuming vinegar.
Hope this helps someone who has the same symptom.

I have just recently found I have a terrible allergic reaction to vinegar.
There was just a tiny bit (teaspoonful) in a cole slaw mix of which I ate some of the cole slaw from recently. Within 4 hours time I had broke out in big bumps on my legs and under my arms that were extremely itchy. My lower lip swelled up twice its normal size and my right eye also swelled up to where it was almost closed. This all from vinegar! Be very careful, symptoms like mine can go on to be life-threatening.

Now i am searching the net, about the relation of Vingear and Allergy. Yesterday, the doctor told me, my sneezing is because of allergy. So I think the coprit is Malt Vinear which i started to add to my salad. From above replies...its fits my symbtoms. I itch on my neck and chest. Sneeze like a steam engine.
I love vinigear, but my love can kill me...so i will try different vinigers and see which one can fit me.

I have had an allergy to vinegar since high school. It will give me such a bad migraine that I have to be hospitalized. You have to be careful because it is in just about every sauce and all store bought prepared foods, especially the frozen ones. Read the labels and find foods without preservatives. You might also watch out for sulfites and MSG since these types of allergies typically are grouped.
Good luck!

I just came from the doctor with allergy type symptoms: flushing, cystic acne that itches, red neck and chest. He finally asked me about vinegar! I have been rinsing my hair with it about once a week to strip some of the build up I get from using hair products. He even suggested that I stop coloring my hair which is a real bummer because I'm really grey!

Interesting - my tongue and lips swell when I eat vinegar, or vinegar containing products (salad dressing, ketchup), it never occurred to me it might be an allergy. Definitely something I'll discuss with my doctor.

I think I am allergic to vinegar too, but I have a different reaction. Even the tiniest amount of vinegar makes my face turn blood red and then I start to feel really hot and start sweating. If I keep eating the chips, my head starts to throb and I feel like I might pass out.

Oh, and I KNOW it's the vinegar causing it.

Anyone else have this?

Last year...I first notice an allergy, when i took vinegar baths (which are supposed to be healthy). I would just feel kinda flushed. My lips seemed a bit swollen when I ate vinegar chips or if vinegar got on the side of my lips/face, there would be a slight rash. Then recently my chiropractor recommended apple cider for indigestion and it made me feel sick in my tummy and all over uneasiness; I could not get to sleep.

Whenever I eat buffalo chicken wing sauce or eat too much ketchup on my fries or anything with vinegar in it. My neck starts to sweat and my ears get really red and hot.
I know I am having a reaction, but my American style sauces, like; BBQ,
Italian Salad Dressing and other foods all seem to have vingar in them.
Crazy, I just dipped two Boca Chicken nuggets in Frank's Hot Wing Sauce and Olive Oil spread. Now I am on fire from my neck up. I could only eat a half of a nugget and dip before I had to say "Uncle".
Anyone else out there with this problem. I don't mind being unique, but I would like to know this if this is a commom food allery.

If someone passes me by with chips and malt vinegar, my nose burns inside. I ate some food with white vinehar in and had terrible rhinitis... I can't go anywhere near the stuff!

I am pretty sure I have an allergy to vinegar too. My face gets bright red and burning hot everytime I have salad dressings, ketchup, bbq sauce etc. I cant think what else it would be. Unfortunately I am too big of a chicken to go get allergy tests done...and I <3 my salads way too much to give them up :x

i actually think i have vinegar allergy.
love it, but i get very hot and pins and needle feeling under my eyes.
nothing else happens but it is strange.