Hi! This morning I woke up with red and itchy eyelids. I have no idea what could have provoked this allergy but I can’t stop itching, and my eyes started to hurt of so much itching. Is there anything I could drink in order to make this allergy go away?

Hello! You are lucky you experience this for the first time. It happens to me every spring as I am allergic to pollen. This disease is called allergic conjunctivitis. I suppose this is what you got as well. It is not caused just by allergy to pollen; it could have been triggered by allergy to dust mites, mild spores, animal dander and feathers, perfumes, and food sensitivities. Or, it could be eye-lenses or eye-lenses solutions. Usually it is hot and dry weather that intensifies and aggravates the condition, whereas, cooler temperatures seem to alleviate the symptoms. You should contact a doctor just to make sue it is the right diagnose and s/he will probably give you something to treat the allergy.

Go to the doctor. It could be a form of demititus as well. Could be caused from makup, moisturizers, cell phones, rubbing your eyes after touching something with a bacteria on it.

A few years ago I had terribly itchi eye lids, (imbearable). If I rubbed them it would swell.(Embarrasing) (My heart at that point in time would beat fast everytime I was upset or angry, I lost a lot of weight, I was losing a lot of hair and had the shakes).
Anyway, it was at that period of time, the doctor sent me for bloodtests and I was diagnosed with an overactive thyroid.

Here's another idea...both my mom and I have been having the same problem with itchy, flaky, red, swollen (hive-like), burning patches on eyelids (and below the eyes for my mom). We also have a patch by the corner(s) of our mouths. This condition will subside and then get inflamed, on and off. We finally got our heads together and went through personal care products we were using, food and drink, and anything else.

Right now we are both wondering whether it could be an intolerance to sulfites, which may be causing this eczema-type condition on our faces. We're both allergic to sulfa drugs (my mom also to penicillin) - but neither of us have taken sulfa drugs for years (since we had adverse reactions). My mom eats at restaurants frequently (less often for myself) - and sulfites are commonly added to foods (and wines, wine vinegars, even fresh foods) to reduce spoilage or to condition dough.

Our next step is to print out a list of foods that contain sulfites (found one on allergies.about.com - then search "sulfite allergy"), and keep a food journal to note whether the condition changes based on the foods we're avoiding. I'll update you to let you know what happens. The only other culprit I'd suspect is yeast. I think we'll be looking into that next.