Thanks for "clicking"! If you did, I bet you have some facts and not theory? I left a post asking about Withdrawal-Ease. (you can read it if you keyword search that name)... however no responce yet. In that post I also asked if taking 3 to 4 Percocet a day (5mg) would be a tough cold turkey road. I read where some people were up to 10 pills a day, then went cold....some of their post's scared the hell out of me quite frankly....but I want to be free!...so I'm ready! I'm thinking og going to 2 a day for a week to maybe lesson the impact, and trying the withdrawal-ease. I have heard good and bad things.. (like everything else)... Thank You for reading and any thoughts.

busnceo

Hi, bnceo, I withdrew from hydrocodone...was taking 12.5 x 50 every week, then down to 10.0 x 50 the next week, then to 5.0 x 40 per week.  By the second week, the withdrawal symptoms were so bad that I decided on my own that I would simply put them down. I picked them back up on day 2 the first time...tapered way down and began again the following MONDAY, 4/18/11.  The first day not bad, but by the second, the major symptoms kick in...fiending...burning in your center...anxiety...sweats/chills...achy feet...and for me, it was my lower back - felt like I was breaking in two.  I put charcoal heat thingees on it for three days as I worked...(never missed a day of work - teaching high school fiends.)...took hot baths...walked in circles around my house...mindless movies...  If I had had a good place to walk outside, I think that I would have greatly benefited.  I drank bottled vitamin fortified drinks, juices, milk, ice cream, tried to eat a more balanced diet, multi-vitamin, L-tyrosine, B-6, Skull Cap, melatonin.  I took Advils for pain and didn't really ever need Immodium.  I have bowels of steel. 

I screamed, screwed up the meanest face I could muster, and walked around like a roaring bear.  Worst days were 3 and 4.  I didn't sleep for a week and used Ambien CR to help alleviate anxiety and fiending during the day.  I took it at night, but never slept until sixth day. 

It's day 28 now and I took 2 5's this morning...don't want to drag the healing of being detoxed, but shoulder keeps me awake.  I know that I need to put them down forever, because I don't want to go through wds ever again.

I'm an old lady - 55 - and not very strong where pain is concerned.  So it must not be that bad...but it was the hardest thing I have ever done.

No, the hardest thing I have ever done is to work with East Texas Stupid Rednecks.  Not hard.

using at least 200mg percocet a day or more if affordable. Morphine 200mg vicodin until my stomach hurt from the tylenol, fentanyl 3 or 4 50 mcg patches at a time. I really have taken it all and in doses that would kill many addicts. I only weight 160 but have a great amount of muscle I don't know if that matters. cold turkey was a breeze. I have a huge tolerance for discomfort the part that I can't beat is the paws afterward. I am the most motivated person I know least likely to he depressed and I get severely dibilitated by the laziness and depression and anxiety. I'm rambling but the acute withdrawal is nothing compared to what I'm going through again but if you have anything to live for cling to it it helps. If I can do it while getting a divorce anyone can find the strength. I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!! Be strong and step into the abyss the other side will he brighter I swear