My really realy bad withdrawals didnt start for a month and a half after I quit cold turkey. I believe it happened because that was when I started my new job. i have smoked for about 15-20 years, cant remember, and for the past year I have smoked the highest grade medical marijuana from Oaksterdam in Oakland. pre rolled were my choice because let's face it.. You walk out of the dispensary and voila. Did hash oil and edibles as well. About 1 4 -gram pre-rolled a day and sometimes more. I also read that if you smoke enough the withdrawals ate delayed due to the amount stored in your system. Oh and I would also smoke cigarettes. Only after a blunt though.. Chain smoked like 3 or 4 cigarettes. well I have had ALL the symptoms and they are still killing me, although not as horrific as the week , a month and a half after my last smoke. I don't count when I actually quit as day 1. I count the week that the withdrawals came harrrrrrd as day 1. No sleep for about 4 days. Horrendous headaches. Cold sweats. Anxiety and depression. No eating and occasional shakes in my hands. the worst part is that I didn't know it was mj withdrawal. I went to urgent care then doctor twice and they found nothing! I was sooooooooon effing scared! Me and my wife both. I started looking things up and found these forums. They were a life saver because I finally started to understand what was happening to me. This has been the hardest 2 months if my life. I don't care if people say "oh that's not isn't! Try coming off of heroin pr alcohol!" well my life wasn't effed up enough to have to resort to that. But I do know that weed withdrawal was enough for me to have to rethink my life and what was really valuable. I would be pissed as hell on those days that I would not have anything to smoke, but NOW I am begging for simple day that I could take a walk with my wife through a park without feeling like I feel. It has now been 76 days and I just started feeling better. The withdrawals came in waves and I am still scared to death that they will come back. Only one thing is for certain when it comes to weed. It will turn on you. At the end, and one of the things that occurred that helped me quit was the anxiety that I started to get when I smoked. Also the acid reflux was horrible. it is sad that I have read posts from people that want to call those that are desperate for help with these withdrawals, liars and other horrible things. All they want to do is justify their own addiction. I bet they'll be on here soon desperate to find answers under a different screen name. Another sad thing are those that come here to try to "coach" others on how to quit to build their tolerance back up. Sooo sad.. Those are true addicts and those are the ones that are beyond help. to those of you that are truly seeking help please reach out to me. I can help. and to those that have quit, please don't abandon those that seek help just because you already made it through. Come back and give back because I know alll these forums have helped you in some way. I know they helped me more than anyone will ever imagine. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Congratulations!

You quit after heavy use of high grade. Hard work, well done! I know the hell it is because I just slowed down a lot, stopped smoking high grade but i still smoke mid grade in small amounts. I couldn´t stop cold turkey.

Thank you for the words of encouragement. I am not out of the woods yet, but the physical symptoms seem to be dissipating. One of the hardest things I've ever had to do. You have to mentally prepare yourself and expect the agony. It will help you to never go back to it again. Smoking was never worth the withdrawals I went through. Wish you the best! If you ever need help look up Marijuana Anonymous.. Take care and be strong.