After long runs of about 9 miles or more I get pretty sick after. It takes about 45 minutes to an hour after I quit running for it to hit me. I spent all afternoon in bed yesterday swearing to myself I wasn't running more than a 10k ever again. :x Then by 8PM I felt normal again. :shrug:
I've tried eating, not eating, I know I was plenty hydrated yesterday and It wasn't very hot. Anyone else experience this?

What kind of "sick"? Stomach? Poo? Headache? Fatigue? describe please.

Yes.

if you're getting all those symptoms, it really sounds like motion sickness to me. do you get motion sick at all? i've read that some runners can develop almost the same syndrome running long distances if they do so when traveling long distance in the car. :umno: my daughter gets motion sickness and it takes hours for her to come back after she's had an episode...

another thing i've read about nausea and running is that it can be caused by overhydration. something about the amount of fluid retained in the bowel will induce nausea and vomiting if the fluids get too high.

i know that Gatorade (not powerade) will cause stomach distress in me every time. drinking that before during and after a 10 miler once had me flu-like for hours when i got home.

I've had it but after a really hard run or a really hot run and so I sort of attributed it to dehydration...usually a long nap, a couple advil and lots of water takes care of everything for me... but I have no clue what causes it. :shrug:

You need to cut back on the Bud Lights the night before your long runs...

Which leads to questioning eating habits in general? I think it's more than "eating or not eating". To get high-performance, you gotta be fueling up with the right kind of foods.