I really was astonished this morning. I weighed in before my run, and then after...lost two lbs! And that was a short 4 mile run. Wow! I wonder how much came off during my last 10K.
I guess it's time to drink a little more.

I also am amazed at the amout I sweat and I can't possibly drink anymore water. I think my body just works efficiently. :shrug: I've lost a few pounds on runs of 6 miles or so even consuming 48 ounces of water/gatorade during the run.

I've lost 4-5 lbs on a single run.

i've never weighed myself before or after, but i sweat like, well, i sweat alot but i drink alot too.

I dont know why but I barely sweat at all when I am running. Right after I stop though, it starts pouring out for a couple minutes lol

I think they are talking about sweat.

I know this has come up before and I posted the same thing. There's been a couple studies on runners and in fact, your sweat mechanisms do become more efficient as your fitness improves. It's been found that elite runners will sweat twice as much as newbie runners. I guess it's not surprising, just as your legs and lungs get better at handling distance running, no reason your sweat glands wouldn't either.

I never lose weight. :(

oh! my bad....

I never lose weight. :(
Well, you have an excuse. You've got something in your belly growing. And it's gonna pop out like in Alien! AHH! I have not weighed myself recently to see how much I lose due to sweating.

At altitude here in the high desert, it seems like nobody sweats because it evaporates so quickly in the dry climate. When I ran at sea level in the humidity this Spring, I looked like I had just gotten out of the shower after my runs.

No humidity. No air. No flat races. No bear hunting. It's a runner's worst nightmare!

I have started tracking my before and after weight runs and as the heat increases I am losing about a pound of weight per mile run. Most of this is in sweat. By the time I get back to the gym, I am usually SOAKED and 3 times a week I am doing some light weightlifting for 30 minutes as a cross training exercise. I go through 1 towel just wiping down the equipment and using it to soak up some sweat as I use the equipment.

I have to work better on hydrating with water and Gatorade.

After I ran 10 miles yesterday, I was literally soaked. After the 10K in Columbus, Ohio, the weekend prior, everyone across the finish line was drenched, looked like we all had run under a garden hose.
I've never run in heat without humidity. I guess I will find out what that is like in Las Vegas in December.

I abnormally sweat every time I run. But when the humidity is up and it's warm, it looks like I've taken a shower, especially my hair.