Now that the temps have gotten cooler (low 60's when I run), by the time I'm done with my run, I'm coated in salt. Apparently when it's hot (and severely humid like it always is here), the sweat never evaporates. But now that it's cooler, the water in the sweat evaporates leaving all these salt crystals behind. I know a friend of mine gets them around her eyes when she runs, but I am literally coated in salt. I get lines of salt running down my chest, arms, and back. Is there a problem with my diet? Water intake? Or is this normal?

You are really sweating out your electrolytes. I would be sure to keep hydrated and add some sports drink as well. If you keep sweating out your bodies salts and not replacing them you could have some problems.

Good Luck! Paul

I get the same problem on the bike when I ride for a long time. The constant wind helps the water evaporate but leaves the salt behind. It gets pretty crusty after a while. :umno:

I always just thought that was normal, but I do take along Gatorade/Powerade just to be safe.

now that make sense....I never thought about the wind factor before. But this weekend, my sister said "what's the white stuff on your face" right after I was interviewed on tv. I'm freakin out because of the vanity thing and she's freaking out because she thought I was sick. But it was very windy this past weekend. Once I had literal chunks (almost like chalk) but again it was summer race in MX at high altitude.....but also, verrrrry windy.
sue

Wow!

I've learned something new today.

I really have.

I get it all over when riding and when I do long run, I guess because the longer time allows for evaporation? or maybe because I run so fast its like the wind resistance when I'm cycling....yeah...
It can be rough if you touch your face or eyes, its instant exfoliation--ow

Yeah it's normal. I get it too usually on my longer runs. To replenish the lost salts be sure to take in sports drinks (such as gatorade and powerade)-these contain lots of electrolytes.