Hi, I would like to know more about cervix and it’s function in reproductive system. Why does damage to the cervix cause fertility problems? What can cause cervical damage? I used to have some mono infections a year ago, but I treated them until I had no more signs of infection.

Cervix is organ which is connected to ovaries and enables sperm to reach eggs in ovaries and to fertilize them. Cervical infertility can be considered as inability of the sperm to pass through the mouth of the uterus due to some kind of damage of the cervix. The reason for cervical damage include: inadequate cervical mucous, stenosis or cervical narrowing, infections of the cervix with common sexually transmitted diseases (chlamydia, gonorrhea, or trichomonas or some other bacteria), or even immune response to sperm known as "sperm allergy" or immune reaction of sperm.

Could a woman's cervix be damaged by being fingered too hard?

Your cervix is located so far from the opening of the vagina that it is unreachable. If your cervix is touched or breached or scrapped it is very painful (like bad cramps!) so you'd know if you even manage to touch it.