I have a mullerian defect and am fat..and was told by two rather unfortunate doctors (OB and HIS partner, a high risk OB..)that there was no chance I would carry beyond four months, in fact, that it was virtually impossible for ANYONE with a unicornuate uterus to do so. Under their advisement, I terminated the pregnancy at 8w 6d.

After seeing a highly recommended perinatologist who was NOT one of the original two, I've learned the information I was given was absolutely false and that he has treated other women with the defect to successful term pregnancies. Talking it over with my other half, we've both decided (with the blessing of the high risk OB) to start trying immediately to conceive again.

Has anyone had experience with this? I know that women can ovulate prior to their returned menses however I was wondering if there were the usual "signs" for ovulation re: temp changes and cervical fluid to watch for. Is it possible that the termination and resulting hormones would fiddle with the cervical mucus production?

It's been 3 weeks since the termination and I am getting negative urine pregnancy tests. My cervix has been closed since 12 days post surgical procedure and I only bled 4 days with little cramping. Guy and I have been together several times since the 1st of July but at this point it's more hopeful than "ok I ovulated and we need to..." sex.

Just trying, I suppose, to find out if anyone noticed a return in their "usual" signs of fertility before the initial period return

First of all I want to give you a big cyber hug for your UNFORTUNATE loss! And I will pray that all goes well for you in the VERY near future!

When women have had conception and then after - either by miscarriage, termination, birth, etopic - they are HIGHLY fertile! And several reasons why doctors want you to wait for awhile after the event is 1. Uterus to contract to regular size 2. To have a regular peirod 3. To have the hormone levels go back to normal!

The usual signs of ovulation - that you can sense that is - is a pain in one of your ovaries, a white stringey mucus, a slight raise in temperature, headache, back ache, groin ache! What usually happens is a woman will ovulate around 14 days after the last menses! But when you have been through a birth or loss, then this is difficult to check on! Since your procedure was 3 weeks ago I would hazzard that you probably ovulated last week! It ALL depends on when your peirod comes on IF it does - this month! What I tell all couples trying to conceive - and aren't really aware of their ovulation times - is to have sex every day, this way you don't miss that chance! Doctors used to say that this lessens the strength and quantity of sperm, but new research disagrees with this! So take any moment you can - don't make it a job - and keep your buttocks raised after - this helps the sperm get through the cervix and into the uterus! You probably didn't need to know that last bit, but I just add it anyway to help further! 8-| ;-)

Start taking prenatal vitamins - these not only help with the babies development but also your fertility - which it increases substantially! And take the whole vitamin, not just the biotin and folic acid! Try to get positive information about your syndrome - don't read too much into the negative stuff as this will dishearten and scare you! Get information, and support, and everything in place to make this a normal healthy full term pregnancy! NOW that you know what is going on with your body, take the time to learn what not too and what to do!

Please keep me updated on your progress, and I wish you health and fertility in the next coming weeks!

My problem in looking for things like cervical fluids is that I've been pregnant four times..and only ONCE in my life have I had that whole "egg white" fluid. Temp change I can't chart reliably right now because I have a sinus infection with low grade fever.. man if it's not one thing it's another.

I have a rudimentary horn on the right side but no functioning tube there, just the horn and the ovary. I don't even know if I ovulate to that side. Eh, we'll find out!

There's been sex every other day, sometimes every three days since the first. The way I see it, if sperm can live 3-5 days, giving myself a break every other day can't hurt THAT badly. I could be wrong, of course, but for now it's just try and see

DEfinitely! We are NOT machines! ;-) I doubt that you ovulate correctly from that side due to no tube being able to carry the egg! I think taking your temperature and trying to figure out when and where is VERY hard to do and it becomes laborous! So just try and see if you have ANY cramping in your viable tube side! It can sometimes feel like a pulled muscle - only for an hour or so! I couldn't tell with my right, but I SURE could tell with my left! And Both of my children were conceived from my left! Has anyone mentioned to you what side you conceived from? That would help you too! Are you taking prenatal vitamins?

Oh it's always been to the left