Hello. I'm 24 year old male and just yesterday I have experienced one thing I have never experienced before. So, I really don’t know how to act about it.
Yesterday I was returning by buss from my vacation with my girlfriend and on one stop I was very thirsty and drank a lot of water but the problem is that the next stop was about four hours of driving far.
So, I have been forced to hold my pee all that time because the driver refused to stop anywhere else. You can't even imagine how I felt. I thought my bladder will explode. When I got home strange thing occurred- I couldn’t pee at all. Please tell me what is going on with me! Can holing pee cause any damage to my body?

My strong advice for you is to contact your general practitioner immediately because you will probably need a catheterization!
I can't believe that bus driver didn’t want to stop so you could urinate somewhere.
If I was on your place- I would sue his stupid ass!
You see, you have probably damaged your bladder sphincter which is normally under voluntary control, but when damaged, it contracts not letting the urine to pass by.
Holding your pee a little longer can cause pain in the bladder, kidney infections and stomach aches. Beside this it is a ideal environment for bacteria so serious infections could occur.
Like I already said, contact your GP imidiatelly and let him pump your bladder out.

I was leaving to take a two hour drive back to junior college, and I bought one of those tall evian bottled waters as I left my parents' house. I drank it down rather quickly.

I would always try to make a better time back to school every time I traveled back and forth, and this time, I was making exceptional time except with about thirty minutes left, I severely had to pee. I remember sitting at the only light in this small town and staring at the gas station next to me, and I just said "screw it!" I headed on.

There was another town about ten minutes from my dorm, and at that point I was bulging. I had to go like never in my life before, yet I just felt that I was going to get my record time, so I went on. You have to understand, I have a will power that is truly unmatched.

Well, that will power turned to something else when about two minutes out of that last town before getting to my destination, I felt what was like an expansion inside of me. It felt like the sensation of urination went away, and it was like I had a HUGE water balloon just sitting in my abdomen.

When I got to the dorm minutes later, I got out to run to my room, but I litterally couldn't. When I got to my room, I couldn't even go... finally, it came out, and I didn't think much of it other than I would never try that again.

Well, the damage has been done I think. I came home drunk one night weeks later and was talking jibberish to my roommate as I was standing over the toilet, and after about five minutes, he laughed and asked, "You gonna pee?" I didn't even notice, but I couldn't go!

Then, there were the sexual problems. Everytime when I would have sex prior to this, I would finish, and go directly to urinate. Since this incident, I cannot pee for quite a while after sex. Also, it has caused anxiety inside my abdomen that has kept me from wanting sex when it is there for the taking. If I lay back at an angle, I feel like my bladder is full, yet I go to pee with no luck. This is out of control.

When this first happened, I went to the dr. and not a GP, my dad's urologist. I was 19 and nervous, and spit this exact story out... not as detailed, but he just cut me off and said " that's highly unlikely... does it bother you?" Well, I, being a scared kid just said "no." I guessed, it didn't hurt, but yeah it bothered me, it still bothers me! I saw the same guy again for something else a couple of years later and brought it up again, but he just didn't want to check it out.

I guess after all these years, I've just tried to block it out, but now, I have to do something, and I fear it's too late. I've read stuff about irreversable conditions associated to this kind of problem... I don't think I can live like this much longer! All the symptoms are still there: Constantly feel like I have to go, but can't and have a weak stream when I do, can't pee after sex, anxiety hindering sexual activity, and just general discomfort.

The best way I could describe the feeling is that, before, it felt like there was something pushing the urine down and out of me with authority, but now, it's like a full water balloon with a knot tied at the bottom that when it finally is loosened, about half the balloon trickles out leaving the other half and a wierd unfulfilled feeling that I still have to go, but can't.

Please help me...

I doubt that you have damaged your sphincter valve (there are two). What happens when the bladder gets very full, it sits on the prostate gland and it in turn tightens around the urethra. Nothing can get through. But if you relax and wait it out, you will begin to dribble and your bladder begins to empty very slowly. After awhile your bladder has emptied enough, the protate loses its grip on the urethra and you can pee normally.

It is also possible at any age that you have an elarged prostate that does squeeze the urethra shut. A urologist can test for that. Medication can help. In difficutl cases surgery is called for to reduce the size of the prostate. Catheterization is a temporary way to relieve yourself. :-(

carle and drive back to junior college, we're screwed.

yeah, i was on a road trip. i downed about 3 beers and a 2 litters bottle of water. didn't really think about it. I'm pretty good at absorbing water and peeing at leisure never seemed a problem since i don't drink n drive. the driver wouldn't stop for about 2 1/2 hours if not more. ( when he said he would) there's no cure?

I think it is mostly a matter of routine how you act about holding your pee. For me on most days it works quite well to pee just twice, once at about 10 a.m. and once around dinner. Over the years I trained my bladder to accept this habit and never experienced any harm or inflammation

i don't have any answere's, i also suffer, it seems like the muscle that holds your pee in is too strong, and when pee comes out, the muscle is still constricting resulting in an uncomfortable struggle to pee untill your done peeing because the muscle tightens with no control and cuts off the flow too early or during urination leaving you with no fullfillment or relief and the feeling of pee is still there and you try to muster out the rest of the liquid so you can walk away comfortable. its like my penis has a reflex to swallow whenever it tries to throw up. no matter what you take, how you think, or what you do, it is it's own ability that has been taken away :-( remember that short part in zoolander? OMG!

Oh Did you say that stomaches aches can occur? Do they come frequently? I've been having stomach aches for about 2-3 years. I've been afraid that it was because I slept on my stomach.... Now they usually come after eating. Help!

Ok I have this problem. When I was little I would say about 7 I had a urinary infection ever since then every time I would go to the restroom i could never hold it for long. I would end up peeing on myself if I couldn't go fast enough. And then around the age of 16 I wet the bed. I NEVER had that problem as a kid. And on top of all of that. If I have to go really badly and I hold it. You know just to hold it cause someone is in the restroom or something I get this achy pain on my left side. Its doesn't happen everyday but every so often when I really gotta go. I'm worried something might be wrong with me.

Considering the fact that they make pregnant women hold it for upwards of two hours when they have to go in for an ultrasound (usually in early pregnancy) I can't see that holding it would seriously damage anything. Mind you, 4 hours is a long time!!

When I younger maybe like 6 or 7 I was at a party with the family and I remember I was drinking a lot of soda. I didn't think much of it specially being a kid all I wanted was to get my hands on something sweet. Well I decided to go to the room where all the kids were at watching movies and I remember getting a really strong urge to pee but being the young kid I was I wanted to keep watching the movie so I stayed. I kept holding it in for a very long time, since I didn't want to miss the great movie that was on. Well I did that, I kept holding it in until suddenly I started to feel this sharp pain on my back. I got up and ran to the restroom just to findout that only a few drops came out.... a few PAINFUL drops!! It burned so bad as it came out!!! I knew somthing was wrong. So I look at the toilette after I was finished and it was still clear so I washed my hands and left. And like 5 minutes later the samething happed I got the urgent "omg its coming" feeling so I run thinking finally my pee's coming. When I got to the restroom it happend again. It burned so bad but hardly anything came out so I went back to watch the movie and it came again I was scared of the pain so I refused to go still having the feeling that I have a 4 gallons of soda in my tiny bladder and that at any moment it could end up a terrible accident on the ivory carpet. I gave in. It hurt too much, I went to the restroom and I got the same result again. And again. and again. So When I got home I told my mom and we went to the doctor the next day and he said I a UTI. He gave me some antibiotics and said it would be all better, and it was.
Anyway ever since I can remember I have always really enjoyed holding my pee in. Like if I'm at home and I have to pee I'll hold it till it goes away and comes back atleast twice because I like how much force it has as it come out and I really enjoy the relief I get after. But I know its bad. I think it started with long drives home, I was always kinda scared to tell them I had to pee because I know we were always in a hurry or trying to avoid stopping cause were already late, and I knew I would get the question " why didn't you go before we left when I told you?!?!" I mean even if I did it I would still have to go on the road. So after holding it all the time and for such a long time, it has become a really bad habit . But I never got the same thing I did that day at the party. Its not that bad anymore. It doesn't burn when I pee. I think it was the amount of soda I drank and the amount of time I held it in for... regardless its a habit I'm gonna kick cause I know I probably already did too much damage =/

I can totally relate to the posts here - except on a different level. Mine started as a fart problem and ended up in my wanker. I ate this massive bowl of navy bean soup for lunch which always makes me farty and bloated. That was stupid because his time I had a hot date with my girl friend that night. We were watching the season finale of 24 I had to fart SO bad but there was no way I was going to leave to action to float an air biscuit. And I knew that were going to be rank so there was no way I was going to do it next to her. Anyway, I held them in for what seems like hours. When I FINALLY got a chance to go to the bathroom I had the same experience as some of you... but with the back end... I couldn't fart! Then the strangest thing happened. I felt like this bubble inside me, like I just blew up a balloon then the sudden urge to urinate. Dude I started peeing and you know how you turn on your garden hose and some water comes out then tons of air - that's what it was like. PFFFFTTTT then squirted some more then PFFFFFFFTTTTTT!!! I was totally farting from my dinger and it smelled so foul. I have no idea what happened to get it there but I was totally freaked out. I went home right away and went straight to bed. The next morning, I did a huge fart in my sleep and woke myself up - you know what I mean - admit it, that's happened to you too. Anyway, ripped some huge ones that morning from the back end but everything seemed fine. Never happened again but dude I learned my lesson. If you have to fart, rip 'em off - not worth holding in.

Hi..am 25 yrs aged and i have a similar problem but different symptomps..areound 10 yrs back when i was a kid i was in  my classroom and had an urge to go for pee but i was very shy nd scared and couldn't ask my teacher . that way i hold the pee for about 1 and half hour and after the class i rushed to pee.from that day i couldnt hold from goin to pee for every 40 min . and goin for pee every 40 min made me very weak..i know i hav to undergo some type of treatment..i dont drink lot of water either..please help 

my mom said that it is bad because it can cause diseases.

It may have shot up into your kidneys