My Dr. told me at my last pap that I have an inflamed cervix. I would like to know What causes this and will it affect having kids in my future. I'm 19 and this worries me. 2 years ago I had a miscarriage and I asked my Dr. if my cervix had anything to do with that and she said "No". I'm really just looking for anything people can give me about this. I have also had Bacterial Cervicitis and Cervicitis 2 or 3 times before. So if any one has answers help me out. I would hate to tell my husband when marriage and kids come into subject that i can't have kids.

Thanx,
RMK 8)

Did u have a lot of UTI infections? Sometimes an inflamed urinary tract could cause and inflamed cervix... Ur dx has to do processes of elimination to determine why ur cervix is inflamed. Also i recommend to see a Urologist who deals with the urinary tract. Ask ur Gyno and Get tested for any STD/HPV and bacteria infections and take good bacteria supplements.
This can be very painful--I know. Also there is a procedure called colposcopy which can reduce the PH level aka burning aka inflammation in the Vagina and or cervix. Also i read somewhere if u had a lot of UTI (burning in Vagina) it can deplete something in ur body and taking Calcium Citrate can help--it's a vitamin u can get at any vitamin store.
Get a trans vaginal ultrasound and or pelvix ultrasound.
Cover all ur tracks bc the sooner u get it solved the sooner u will be out of pain!! Don't let ur dx take a slow approach.

RMK,
Im 22 and was told my cervix was inflamed.
Did you ever find out what the cause of the inflamed cervix was? I too have been told this both at my smear and my colposcopy- they said it might just be me!??

Haven't had the results back yet though from colposcopy so they may come back with something, just the waiting is horrible,

Thanks Jane
x

Hi there,
I'm 24 and recently found out that I have hpv. I have been bleeding after sex for a couple of months, which is what prompted me to go to the doctor. He did a pap and saw that my cervix was inflammed (at that point we started testing to find out why).

I have experience with different doctors, and honestly, your doctor doesn't seem to be too involved. He or she needs to be more sympathetic towards your mental and physical health and should give you a better answer than just "no." unless you have to stay with this Dr. I would encourage you to find a new one. Someone that is willing to get to the bottom of this problem for you.

All the best to you and hope you are healthy.

Hi

I have had all the symptons of having abnormal cells for the past 2-3 years, and have had many pap smears and all came back fine. Recently i saw a doco that stated that papsmears werent always right, so i went back to the docs for another papsmear and she could see my cervix was inflammed. I occasionally bleed after sex, always for papsmears, spotting sometimes during periods but i am on the pill.

I went to the gyno and she did a colopscony and she saw the inflammed area and said i probably have the CIN 3 - abnormal pre cancer calls. This was biopsyed and has come back fine.

I first originally encountered bladder infection when i was 15 and before i had even had sex or anything. I also have had these very regularly over the years as well as thrush...

could this be why my cervix is inflammed?

my gyno wants to remove the area thats inflammed by surgery, but is she really getting to the bottom of the issue of why its inflammed??

Hi there,

I was reading the posts about Inflamed cervix's and i to have been having this problem,i am also 19. I once found out that it was caused by BV which is just a Bactirial Infection caused by your own body's bacteria. I was reading up on different things which have the same symptoms of what i have been feeling and there are many things that an inflamed cervix can be caused by. One being Cervical Cancer, others being, again BV and other infections. Just keep going to the doctor because everytime I go they seem to have more and more answers for me.

my doctor always tells me i have an inflamed cervix, but he also tells me that this is commonly caused by wearing tampons. he said if i were to stop using them, the problem would go away.

I have had inflamed cervix numerous times over the years. They always test for STD's and it always comes back negative. Now I do have a 2 year old son but I was put on bed rest because my cervix was thinning out and he did come early. I belive this is the reason why he came so early. My next child I will have to be put on bed rest and have a cerclage (where they sew your cervix together). There is no reason why you should not be able to have children.

Hi there, I do think that's the reason why ou had a hchild early as well, so that's a good hunch. To the OP: have you been able to conceive or anything like that yet?

HELP...I too have an inflammed cervix. I have had multiple test and biopsys and I have baffled more then 15 consultants. It started 3 years ago when I bleed after sex slightly. then as time went on it got VERY painful during sex. I have had to have steroid injections to the site and also strong steroid gel (applied with a syringe). I have been told its "chronic inflammation".
Im only 31. Im unable to have normal sex as it starts to hurt after a while.
Has anyone else had this diagnosis. the consultants dont know what to do with me so they have just kind of left me. Does anyone have any better diagnosis or treatment approaches.
Thanks

I am sorry to hear that you are not able to have normal sex and that it causes pain for you. Have you had a doctor or a specialist look at it? What are these 15 consultants you have seen?

I just got back from the doctor a few days ago who also told me that I had an inflamed cervix. She said I had no stds, but I think it may have something to do with a bout of chlamydia I got (thanks to the ex husband who was cheating on me) It was discovered while I was pregnant and I took the appropriate medicine and my child was born healthy. I was given an intervaginal medicine which was pretty much the same medicine my obgyn gave me 8 years ago when I was pregnant. She said this medicine will fix the problem and will stop my cells from becoming more distressed and possibly turn cancerous. It was a myacin drug. You may ask the doctor to give it to you. I am on day 3 of taking it, and I dont know if it is going to fix anything but you have to try to trust doctors when they at least want to help i suppose. I am just grateful I dont have some disease that they cant fix.

I went to the dr the other day bc my iud was falling out. As she was taking it out she noticed that my cervics was inflamed too. A few years back I was treated for clamidia as well from from ex husband. We are worried that with this being in my past n me having problems with my iud there may be an infection of some sorts. I just have my fingers crossed bc I have never had a problem before with my cervics being inflamed; even during my pregnanncy. We are hoping its either just my body being weird or a simple infection and not anything serious which is most likely the case.... hopefully.

I am 22 years old and Ive had cervicitis for 4 years now. It has slowly progressed form very mild to a bit more severe case. I got checked for STDs through out the years and nothing was detected, but a year ago I was diagnosed with gardinella,, which is a type of bacterial vaginosis. My symptoms range from cervical pain, spotting, back pain, and an overall ill feeling. For the bacterial vaginosis I was prescribed metronidazole gel inserted vaginally for 5 days. It did help the BV but my cervix still remains inflamed and the symptoms are being triggered by intercourse and even clitoral orgasm alone. I am worried that this is something to do with HPV,, but my pap smears have been normal through the years. (I have read that it might take years for abnormal cells to be detected on the cervix because the HPV virus needs time to mutate the cells.) Also, the last doctor I saw explained to me that the cervicitis could be a genetic factor. I am going to go back to be re tested for gardinella and also have my annual pap smear to see if anything can be detected this time.

Make sure you have your doctor or specialist check for Endometriosis. I have an inflammed cervix at just about every visit and have endometriosis (I have had multiple surgeries, treatments and am on continuous birth control pills to prevent painful periods). Some doctors check that as the last option.