hi can you help me to answer this question please....

These two diagnoses, depression and dementia, are not mistaken that often, when you take into account all the people who suffer from depression. But, the confusion and more effort to make the right diagnose does happen for specific age group, namely, the elderly citizens, or people over 60 years of age. 

This happens because symptoms of major depressive disorder in their heaviest form are almost identical to the symptoms of some cases of dementia. Both demented and depressed people tend to withdraw from other people, suffer from some form of memory loss, refuse contact with people around them to the point where it seems as if they don’t recognize them… the list goes on.
Hope I helped out you at least a bit, but the main difference is: dementia is specific for elderly people, while depression can happen at almost any age.