Hello! My friend’s sister has a palindromic arthritis. I have never heard about such kind of arthritis and I don’t know what it actually means. Is this kind of arthritis more severe than the usual one? What are the symptoms of palindromic arthritis? Doest palindromic arthritis needs some kind of special treatment?

Hello! There is more then one hundred kind of arthritis. Maybe you already know that arthritis means 'inflamed joints' and palindromic describes a disease that 'comes and goes' (relapses and remits). The symptoms are similar as in any other kind of arthritis: pain and inflamed joints. The inflammation is usually consistent in the way it develops and recedes completely over a few days. The treatment usually consists of non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs as in any other kind of arthritis.

Has anyone exprienced terrible chills associated with PA? Seems toaccompany my flare ups.

Hello, I was first diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis back in 1998. It basically landed me in hospital for a week, I have been dealing with for last 14yrs. They ruled out rh, and now say I have palindromic 3yrs ago, it has basically knocked my socks off, it sucks, thank god I haven't had major flare up in awhile but cannot do much activities that include much strength or endurance. It seems mine also effects my muscles espicially from knees down, the only thing that has helped my quality of life is pain meds and trying to take things slow witch is very difficult for me, I feel for your friends sister and hope the best for her because it has been extremely difficult for me, not only physically but mentally,emotionally, very hard to stay positive, my prayers are with her and all, Tim