Your doctor is violating several laws regarding prescribing drugs.
1. Drugs are prescribed to a person. It should be made out in your name, not your boyfriends.
2. He needs to have examined you, or at least seen you.
3. There are many drugs that interact with Azithromycin. What are you taking now?
4. The doctor knows nothing about your history, what meds you are taking, if you have any allergies, etc. This could actually put your life in jeopardy if you had a severe allergic reaction.
5. You shouldn't take any medication, especially an antibioitic, unless necessary.
If it was me I'd report him to the state board of licensing or the appropriate licensing authority.
I'm actually curious if you boyfriend really did go to a doctor or just got the medication from someone else.
See your own doctor.