I've been on my period for almost four months now and it doesn't seem to want to go away anytime soon. I know birth control will help regulate my cycle but I don't want to take that because I'm planning on hopefully having a baby soon. What could be causing my period to stay for so long? Please help.

Hi Anona: I think it could be cystisis of the ovaries, OR endimeterosis!! I don't want to worry you unneccassarily but I think for you to have your period for so long, there is something happening with your ovaries/hormones, to always be in menustrative state. So please go get checked out by your doctor, I also am worried about you having anemia! He/she can give you a blood test and a pelvic ultrasound to determine what is going on with you. Please let me know how that goes OK? Good luck!

My period been like that for 2 years and the doctor finally told me that it was caused by my ovaries not releasing the eggs each month.. Meaning i cant get pregnant the old fashion way....

Hi honey! You can still get pregnant but it will be harder - due to you not knowing when you ovulate or not! also if you are intending on becoming pregnnat he can put you on Clomid or Metformine - these are great pills to regulate periods and bring on more consistant ovulation! So just know that OK?

I'm sorry for your struggles. I don't have an answer for you b/c I'm going through the same thing. I had my period for 2 years. I was put on birth control with estrogen and I was fine. My period was like clock work. Since I don't have health insurance, I was unable to continue to be on the pill...I was right back where I started. I had my period for 5 months and I was weak, tired and more than anything I felt like I was having heart problems. My heart would beat rapidly and sometimes even feel like it was skipping a beat. I finally got so worried that I took myself to the ER and b/c of all the blood lose I found out that I was HIGHLY anemic. B/c my red blood cells were so low, my heart wasn't getting the oxygen it needed. My hemoglobin count was supposed to be around 14-15 and it was at 7.8. The Dr. told me that if it was any lower 7 then I would have had to get a blood transfusion. They put me on iron pills for 30 days and gave me the depo shot to stop my period. (I would never recommend the depo!!) but it stopped my period for 1 1/2 months and I am back to where I started again.

I hope you find the answer you're looking for but pleeeease becareful about the amount of blood you lose. It can be very dangerous. I wish you all the best!!

I'm having the same problem .... I had my period for two months going on my third ... I went to a gynecologist ... I'm not pregnant ... I'm stds free .... She put me on birth control and still nothing ... I have my period ... Don't believe that birth control can help because many comments that I have been reading that's basically the only solution doctors are giving girls .... I have a specialist appointment on Wednesday and hopefully they can better assist me .... This happened to me once before last year that it lasted alost two months but it went Away ... This time it's different it won't stop 

what do you mean by not being able to get pregnant the old fashion way?

Will need drugs to make her mor ferrile they usually prescribe clomid and metformin

did you ever find out what was wrong. i have had mine for a month. :(

I am going on 6 weeks with my period. it is so frustrating, depressing and scary. I have an appt with my OBGYN next week (even with a referral they still wont take me earlier) I called them 3 weeks ago for this issue and that is the earliest that they can get me in. ;(

What would cause this?

my doctor put me on prometrium 200mg 

my body wasn't making enough a certain hormone he said it was due to my weight.

I've had every hormone blood test, uterine ultrasound, numerous doctor appointments, I tried several different pills, now I have an IUD. It went away for 2 weeks but it's back. For months now. I have 1 small cyst and 1 small fibroid. I need more help than drugs and surgery.

I've had my period for 5 years it never goes away and I'm only 17. I can't go to the doctor to get help. I'm weak all the time and never have enough strength to get up most day. I'm not even in school anymore because i always have accidents from it being so heavy. There's nothing I can do about it. Its ruinning my life and causing a major weight problem I'm just worried something will happen to me

My period is off and on I won't have one for a few months and then it stays for some months ....I've been back and fourth to the doctors no real answers to what is going on. My last doctor put me on birth control . so I pray to god it works cause this is depressing.

Hey I have a question to ask