Hey guys, For the past few years (Yes, I'm uninsured) I've been dealing with a huge problem. It's become so embarrassing to the point that people are starting to ask me why I have a black eye. I am even embarrassed to take pictures at social events, because everytime I do, my right eye and bag underneath bulge out. I am young, at 27 years old. I've come to the conclusion that this is something to do with my sinuses, because when I went to get dental surgery a few months ago, x-rays showed how congested my right nasal area was. I tried Afrin nasal spray, and nothing. I am now using a neti pot, which at first, seemed to have brought the puffiness down a bit, but now it looks huge again. I have attached a pic. Please tell me what I need to do to get rid of this problem. I am desperate. Thank you. http://qfs.mobi/downloadCached.ashx?k=02578c564f534950ad4af03a560e5c2d&f=1234881

I've looked at the photos - there definitely is a visible bag under one of your eyes and maybe I couldn't notice the bulging because of the image quality. It makes some sense that chronic sinus infection has caused more problems, especially if the original infection wasn't treated with antibiotics for the full course. From the image, it looks to me like your tear ducts and the surrounding area is inflamed and the inflammation might be related to sinuses, but it could be just a random infection happening at the same time. I know how hard things are when you don't have the insurance, but if the infection is causing this you will need antibiotics (in eye drop form, most likely) for this to go away and for you to continue your life normally,

Wish you all the best,

Nicole

good advise Nikols

Thanks for your reply. What kind of infection does it look like, and why hasn't it affected the right eye? I went to a new doctor when it first happened, and all he did was feel it and had no clue what it was. Didn't even diagnose me. What should I do now? Do you bunk the we drops will return my eye back to normal (no more extreme puffiness)? Again, thank you for your time.

You're welcome! It's possible that only one of your eyes gets infected, if the infection is what's causing the swelling. The doctor you visited really does sound like a quack - if you can, especially since you're paying for the doc visit - find another doctor. In the meantime, maybe it might be worth visiting a good pharmacy and asking the pharmacist for any treatment for your eye. There are several over the counter drops that might help, and of course, the best thing would be seeing a good doctor. Sorry if I didn't catch it, but for how long has this been going on?

I am embarrassed to say, but about 3 or 4 years. I have been so bothered by this, and just passed it off as bad genes (my mom is darker than me and has terrible eye bags.) I am young, though. I just want to be able to take a "selifie" without always hiding the right side of my face. Thanks again.

Nicole, Here is another picture: http://freeupload.mobi/image/show/394a2ad87e20ae8817a854924b91c03 :(