I've had a sore throat for about 3 months now. I've had two doeses of antibiotics that don't seem to do anything, I've been tested for mono, strep, and HIV, plus I've had full blood work done and nothing unusual was found. My throat always feels really dry, and typically its better in the morning than at night. It feels better when i eat or drink something. Anyone have a clue whats going on with me???

i have the same exact problem its really anoyying isnt it ive had for 4 months now

I have the same problem for 6 weeks and was also treated with antibiotics plus had all the throat swabs etc without anything being found. Back to see my doctor again today. Questioning whether stress related.

I have had same problems for months now. Treated for "Yeast Infection" on vocla chords with soem improvement. You probbaly should see an Ear Nose and Throat Specialist.

I have had a sore throat comming on for several months, been to 2 different md's Z-pack didn't work had bloodwork, strep swab, x-rays and CT scan all normal had spirometry test scored 90% chest is sore in the morning (I have been a heavy smoker for 6 years in confined space I figure that might have some to do with it) I notice redness and small nodes with infection at far back of throat and slight wheezing. I have spent hours reading and searching on the web and this is probly the closest similarity I've found to my symptoms. I'm on Medicaid and it seems rare to find a doctor who will take the time. Mail killyourguitar at yahoo. Let's get this figured out. -Keith

"Why do most mechanics spend more time looking at a problem than most doctors do? Who's tired of being belittled, pushed around and rushed out of the office? SPEAK UP!"

i also have this...since early november. tried my tried and true of gargling with honey and vinegar...didn't work. have put off, due to work, and almost time for my yearly blood work and visit for thyroid and didn't need two dr bills with no insurance. will make an appt in january, but would LOVE to find some kind of info to go into dr armed.

i also have had a sore throat, on my left side, that won't go away...since early november. first was told by an aquaintance that her child had the same problem. dr said it would go away in time...and it did. but hers hasn't lasted as long
have put off dr due to coming yearly appt for blood work for thyroid...and with no insurance, didn't need two visits. would now like info to go in armed. who can help?

I have had the same problem with a sore throat for over a year. I have been tested for HIV and everything else under the sun. All my results have come back negative. What ever it is at this point I feel like it is chronic and I know it started a few months after I returned from Iraq.

I have had a sore throat that will not go away. it has been over 1month now. I have gone to the doctor and he said that it will go away in time. I will be seeing a specialist, as no sore throat should last this long without a cause. I noticed mine the day after I smoked 2 cigars, Inhaling most of them like an id**t. I cant even swallow now without pain. I can also see a swolen gland in the back of my thoat. What to do What to do.

I also have the exact problem for 2 months now. I quit smoking already, but sometime a week a time cause its really hard to right away stop. I have stopped drinking alcohol for 3 weeks already but drank some yesterday as it was my friend birthday. Its really hard for me. I hv no idea whats going on. Been seeing a specialist doctor for 4 times, and doesnt help at all.

I have also had a sore throat down in the thyroid area of the neck. It has been going on for about a month and a half. Some days its worse than others but I also have sharp pains in that area as well. Any clues as to what it is. I too am waiting for my physician to come back from vacation.

N

Same problem here... Ive had a sore throat and an itchy ear for over a year. I saw an ear-throat-nose specialist and he treated me with antifungal and that solved my itchy ear. It got slightly better after I started going to karate. I would be dead otherwise. And today it got worse. I seriously think its the North American climate, so I figured, after I graduate, I'll run, RUN LIKE HELL from here.

I have a had a sore throat in my right side for about six months. It hurts terribly when I yawn or sneeze. I've been to two different doctors who both tell me it is allergy related, but it isn't going away. I have also been told it could be because of gerd, as I have bad acid reflux. I've asked them if I should get an endoscopy but both doctors keep telling me to give it time.

This all sounds very similiar to my symptoms. Have any of you had any mout sores on the inside of your lips or on your tongue. I seem to either have a mouth sore or the throat is infected. I have had the Mono and HIV testing as well. More than five months this has lasted and it started after a flue bout in the winter. You must all remember the one where it was back to back different types of flue symptoms. That was 5 weeks of completely brutal sickness. Now it is an annoying tenderness with slight infections in the sores everynow and then. Im from Canada and health costs are minimal so I will keep posting here and keep you updated.

i have this 2! keep taking lemsip max and it goes away:D