Hey guys
I have this terrible problem. I've had this pimple of my lip for SO long now (maybe a month? i don't know) and no matter what I do, it just won't go away. When I first saw it I put toothpaste on it overnight (I heard that was meant to help) but I woke up and it had made it worse and all rotten and gross, and I think it pushed the infection deeper. It took about a week to heal and skin grew over it, so now it's just this red lump on my lip and I can feel a lump of stuff beneath the skin but I can't pick it or anything because it's too deep. What on earth do I do????

Hi , pimples go away , but if you are squeezing it and trying to get rid of it that way you might be infecting it. It might not be a pimple tho, could be a cyst, which needs extraction by a doctor, cysts disappear for a little while, then re occur in the same place

Thanks :-) I guess i'll wait a little while longer and if it doesn't go away I'll go see a doctor.

wow i just had it yesterday, and it's still here today. i put some medication on to see if it might help. But so far, i dont see a change. I don't know what to do either -_-; and i have school tomorrow.

i picked my lip because there was a tiny little bump but after i picked it a red bigger bump is there that hasn't went away for over a year. i think if i would have left it alone it would have went away on it's own but since i squeezed, i scarred it for life.

Castaway...has your pimple gone away yet? B/c I have the EXACT same problem, I did the tooth paste and everything u did and mine has been here for a month now. its embarrasing...let me know what your doctor said or if it just went away, thanks!

I also have a similar problem. I had a tiny white pimple near the center of my bottom lip, I tried to pop it, and for about a week it looked like I had herpes. It is barely noticeable anymore, but will not heal because every time I smile or laugh it rips it open. It now looks like a slice, covering the area from where the outer bottom lip starts, to where it end on the inside.

I can't even take a bite of a burger without excruciating pain.

Currently I'm using chapstick during the day, and a triple anti-biotic ointment at night, to no alas. I've tried salt once or twice and notice negative effects, if any at all.

The same thing is happening to me. One time I got this huge zit on my upper lip, right next to the line between my mouth and nose (can't think of the technical term) and after 4 or 5 days or so it started getting smaller. Then a couple weeks later it shows up again in the exact same spot, and it just keeps popping back up no matter how much I wash my face. I've stopped trying to pop for fear of leaving an ugly scar on my lip. I've tried spot treament, baking soda, facial mask, and nothing works. AND I don't know why it keeps showing up in the same place constantly. What do I do?

If you have a sore that won't heal it could be Actinic Keratosis, which is technically a pre skin cancer. Basil Cell Carcinoma also presents by a sore that won't heal. You should get it checked out to be safe. It's not normal to have a sore on your face for that long that won't heal!

I totally agree, although to be fair I did have a pimple that did not come to a head once that lasted for a full month. It was intensely painful and I was concerned about it for a long time before I actually saw it come to a head so I do understand not taking action on this but if it takes that long and it's so conspicuous and in addition to that there's the 'rotting' that was discussed then yes, it's a good idea to actually see a doctor about this one.

i had a red bump on the lower left side of my bottom lip yesterday when i popped it blood began to gush out for about five minutes i put peroxide and the amount of blood coming out went down.it stopped but if i pull my lip apart a little bit some blood would come out .i had it for months probably a year please help.

Please also be careful with bumps like this as they could be the beginning of a staph infection.

I know this is old but for anyone else who is interested, it could actually be Herpes.  Herpes can look like anything from a pimple to a paper cut, it's not always the typical cluster of blisters.  I actually had a "pimple that wouldn't heal" NEXT to my lip and I am sure now that it was indeed HSV.

For the people who are sayin its Herpes... It can only be herpes if u have sex with some1 else who has the infection! For those of us who are still virgins its not possible for it to be herpes! I just noticed this water bubble like pimple on the corner of my bOttom lip just less than an hour ago! It doesnt hurt or sting, but it just feels annoying! Im going to try to apply cream and wash my lip or something! I hope it goes away! I have a movie date soon! :(

@dawgleem: There are other types of Herpes, besides genital Herpes and/or the kind that is sexually transmitted. In fact, oral Herpes is the most common type of Herpes and it does not require sexual contact to be transmitted. Most often, oral Herpes manifests itself in the form of blisters on the lip or inside the roof of the mouth. The standard "cold sores" that appear on people's lips are a form of Herpes. So, no, you don't have to have sex for a sore inside your mouth to be herpes. Something as simple as a kiss on the cheek, or sharing a glass can do it.