Hello, my friends. I have been experiencing some problems with my vision. My ophthalmologist recommends me lasik as a solution. I wonder if I will have to insert silicone plugs after this procedure. Can anyone tell me this? I will appreciate all your replies considering this. Thank you for helping me. Bye!

Hi, there. LASIK is a procedure that solves nearsightedness, farsightedness or astigmatism. A laser beam is used to shape cornea. During this procedure, it is normal that some corneal nerves are damaged. This will compromise tear production. And tears are very important for wound healing. I think it is not necessary to put silicone plugs after LASIK. Instead, you can use artificial tears or lubricant eye drops. Of course, you mustn’t abuse them. In any case, consult your ophthalmologist about this matter. Good luck!