I have developed hard white bumps under my eyelids in the past 5 years. Doctors told me they are calcium deposits, and did not suggest any treatments for that. In fact, he told me there's no way to get rid of them. These bumps bother me constantly, and I became very sensitive to lights. I can’t believe I can’t get rid of these calcium deposits on eyelids, is that true?

If your doctor gave you right diagnosis, you might go to the calcium deposits archives. There you might find everything about the new non-surgical removal of calcium deposits. My opinion is that this is caused by chronic blockage of membonian glands in his upper lid. This is usually caused by chronic inflammation, such as allergy, etc. Probably it will continue to get worse until someone makes the right diagnosis for you. Also your doctor might be concerned they were caused by high cholesterol if those are really calcium deposits on eyelids. There is no need for concern, that’s all I can say to you. Although xanthomas are cholesterol deposits, like those you have noticed, they are almost never connected with high serum cholesterol. Since cholesterol is part of any routine battery of blood tests it must have been checked. Also I think if those deposits on eyelids are calcium, there is no need to remove them, because they will come back anyway.

I too have a number of calcium encrustations under my upper eyelids. I have had them for 10 months now and they are increasing in number and size and are a constant irritation and discomfort to my everyday life. My Doctor tells me they are in-operable and I should learn to live with them, but i'm sure anyone else with this condition appreciates how difficult this is to do. I would like to ask where I can find information on "the new non-surgical removal of calcium deposits" that was mentioned earlier on this topic.

I too have a number of calcium encrustations under my upper eyelids. I have had them for 10 months now and they are increasing in number and size and are a constant irritation and discomfort to my everyday life. Its like having sharp grit rolling around under the eyelids. My Doctor tells me they are in-operable and I should learn to live with them, but i'm sure anyone else with this condition appreciates how difficult this is to do. I would like to ask where I can find information on "the new non-surgical removal of calcium deposits" that was mentioned earlier on this topic.

I recently went to china and my moms friend has these. and also her other friend is ophthalmologist in China and he preformed a surgery to remove these with a needle...

I too get these disgusting deposits and have had them for years. I went to the doctor and they proclaim they can't do anything about them. They're the ones who DON'T have to live with them and I personally deem this practice as pure laziness. So I said screw the doctors and I rip them out and now have none. It hurts like you read about, but the pain is certainly worth it. Let's give a big hand to doctors dictated by HMO's. At a boy!!!!

The calcium deposits are easily removed, find an Ophthalmologist in your area that is familiar with them. I am an Ophthalmic medical technician and just assisted my doctor yesterday with simply picking them out with a 25 gauge needle. Very little bleeding and almost no pain. Very quick procedure done in office behind the slit lamp (microscope).

I just had a calcium deposit removed from my upper eyelid.....in the eye dr's office with local anesthetic (numbing eye drops) and from behind the slit lamp/microscope.
Painless and easy.
I was told they develope due to chronic irritation increasing tears which also contain minerals (calcium). It felt like I had sand in my eye that I could never get out....thankfully it's gone for now.

i have had these for years. i never knew what to do, but recently figured out the way i can get rid of them is by making a small slit in one with a razor blade and squeezing the deposit out (it takes a pretty steady hand with the blade, but it's worth it). painless and pretty quick. also, it was suggested to me by a friend that practices holistic remedies that the deposits are a result of not having enough magnesium in my system. i now take a magnesium supplement and it seems like it's stopped new ones from forming.

Sorry to hear that some of you have not been able to get relief from these. My Dad and I both have them but our respective Optamologists can remove them. The key is that only the ones that have broken the surface of the eyelid are giving the discomfort. The ones you can see below the surface will be harmless for a while until they get closer to breaking the surface.

I lift my lid (the Dr can roll the eyelid up but I can't seem to do this myself) and scrape the offending ones off with a broken Q-tip stick (paper stick - be careful). I get relief for mahy months before having to do it again. I suspect the Drs who have been saying "there is nothing that can be done" actually mean they can't prevent them.

MY Question is; have any of you been successful in rolling up your eyelid so you can see these deposits (correctly called "concretions"? If someone has luck doing this I would like to hear how you do it. The Dr makes it look easy but he has experience.

I have been having problems with my eyes for the last 9 months. I use to wear contacts but could no longer stand them in my eyes. I finally had so much discomfort I went to my eye doctor who treated me for dry eyes. On a follow up visit he determined that it was, in fact, not dry eye but calcium deposits on the underside of my eyelids. He said he had seen that before but not to the extent I had them. He referred me to an eye surgeon who removed them by numbing my eyes with drops then scraping them from my eye lids. He told me they may come back as fast as they heal from the removal. He didn't know what caused them nor how to prevent them. He said if they come back he would continue to remove them. He did say they could cause damage to my cornea so they did need to be removed.

I had deposits in my eye also, I went to my eye doctor and he picked it out and gave me some eye drop samples for the pain later when the feeling came back in my eye. Now when I feel the deposits comeing up in my eye, I overdose with gel eye drops, also I use a gel eye drop everynight before bed and have not had one come to the top since. My eye doctor said I had lots of them in my eye too.

I agree. The doctors may opt not to do a surgery for something that is harmless, but I have had them too. They are ugly and annoying. I just simply did it myself, with a serialized needle. I carefully cut a small incision, and squeezed it out. Treated it with a dab of peroxide. and in two days, it was gone, no scar. Not that I am recommending doing it yourself, but I did. Don't have the money for surgery, and knew I could take care of it. 

I just had my calcium deposits removed by an ophthamologist.  He told me they are very common, but only about 2% of people feel them.  I was one.  Felt like I had something in my eye and my eye was red all the time.  He froze my eyes and eyelids, put me in front of the slit lamp and simply picked them out with a surgical instrument  It was a little disturbing, because it was my eyes.  He had me look down the whole time and once I realized I could not feel pain, I settled down.  The whole procedure took only a few minutes.  The freezing is now out, my eye is a little sore, but not too bad, they both just feel tired.  He only had to remove deposits from one eye.... so, if your Dr. says they can't do anthing about it, get another one as it is BS!  Hope I help!

I do too. Would like to get rid of them