Hello, my friends. I have been experiencing some problems with dry eyes. My doctor recommends me smart plugs. He tells me that this is the newest technology. I am not sure what to do. I would like to know if anyone has tried them before. I will really need some of your advices. Thanks.

Hi, there. Your doctor is right. Smart plugs are really the newest technology in dry eyes treatment. They are put easily and painlessly. They do not degrade and do not cause immune response. They can be even used after LASIK surgery. As far as I know, they block the tear draining from the eye. In that way, tears stay in the eye and moisturize it. My neighbor has tried it and she is satisfied. I hope you will be too.

Hallo,
If I am not mistaking there are permanent plugs for eyes and there are temporary plugs. Which one did you considered? I know that temporary plugs are used to for only three months and after that they dissolve themselves. The good thing is that the plugs are really comfortable and you won’t even notice them in your eyes. The good thing about permanent plugs is that they can be easily removed if you have any problems with them. Also when you remove them you might notice return of dry and sore eyes. In severe cases of dry eyes you will still need artificial tears to help you with dryness.

All the best to you,
Karen