Hello! i have both nearsightedness and astigmatism and I have been wearing glasses. I heard that my nearsightedness and astigmatism can be treated by laser surgery. I don’t know how effective this surgery could be since my sister told me it could be complicated. Is it possible to treat both nearsightedness and astigmatism by laser surgery?

Hello! Astigmatism may occur with either myopia or hyperopia. LASIK eye surgery can correct astigmatism whether or not this is present in combination with nearsightedness or farsightedness. The results are really good. But you have to have a stable vision for at least one year before the surgery and have a full eye examination to rule out conditions that may contraindicate LASIK surgery. You should also be informed of the possible complications and risks which are rather low but still possible.