I've been on birth control for just about 4 months now and have been regular with my withdrawal bleeding. This month I have taken it on time every night and my boyfriend always uses condoms but I'm nervous that I might have still gotten pregnant. My pills are stored on my desk which are near my light which can get pretty hot so I'm nervous that this might have affected how effective the pills are. Should I be worried?

Hi Jaa,

No, I don't think you need to be worried.  I would move the BC pills though.

You're using double protection, it would be almost impossible for you to get pregnant.

I have a headache and my breasts are sore near the armpits but only to touch. I'm running low on sleep and spent a little too much time in the sun yesterday so should I worry that these are signs of pregnancy or is it just dehydration and lack of sleep?

Jaa,

I think it is the lack of sleep and dehydration.

sorry to ask so many questions but i'm a bit of a hypochondriac. today i noticed that the veins on my chest are pretty dark and noticeable today. they travel from my shoulders down to the bottom of my breasts. i've got 5 more days until my period/withdrawal bleeding, but should i be nervous?

Jaa,

It could be from the sun.

Condoms are very effective, close to 98 percent.  Birth control pills are too, especially when taken regularly and can be 98-99% effective.

You said you use a condom every time and have always taken your pill.  I don't think you need to be nervous, it doesn't get much better than this.

If I take birth control on time every day and have been for the past month, is it safe for me and my boyfriend to have sex without a condom?

shcostine,

Trick question.

To prevent pregnancy, yes.
To prevent STD's, no.

hello we are trying for our first baby my last period wasw 28th april i have a 35 day cycle and on my fertile week we had sex every other day since ovulation i have had stomach cramps, pains in my legs, headaches, nausea, feeling more tired than usual and eating more than normal.

yesterday 2 days before my period i started to bleed but it dosen't feel like a period theres a min amount of blood enough for a pad but its redish / brown colour and old looking.

i also have which is really bad very strong abdominal pain really really hurts and is causing me alot of discomfort.

my actucal period is due tomorrow and don't know what is happening or what to think, i want to be pregnant but have to try not to think about it all the time but its hard when i am getting these symtoms.

Hi Stacey,

Dark blood means it is further inside you.  It may be implantation bleeding and you can get cramping from it.

If your period looks "different" then wait a few days and take a home test.  While you can test when you are due they are more likely to give you a false negative.  By 7-10 days after you were due, you should get an accurate result.

Keep us posted, good luck.

Hello thank you for the reply, it is dark blood with bits of brown spots. It's the cramps that are really bad. My period Is due tomorrow so will see and if stop bleeding Will do a test the wkend.

Hi just to let you know I did a p.test this morning 3 days after my period was due and got a negative Result I couldn't resist to do it. My bleeding that I had was 2 days and now I'm Completely clear. How long now do I wait to test again!!!!!

Stacey,

It may be early to test. If you are pregnant it takes a little while for the hCG levels to rise high enough to be detected.  Wait another 7-10 days then retest.  Since you say this period seems different, do test again.

Follow all directions carefully, especially times.  Use your first morning urine for best results.

Good luck.