I'm 12 weeks and 5 days pregnant according to my last period. I will be 13 weeks this Saturday. My last period was March 9, 2012. This period was very light I had periods like these in the past but this one seemed really short and not much bleeding. I didn't get my period on February but I did get it on January 21, 2012. Anyways I was with an ex February 10th and the 13th. We used protection but the second time we had sex he didn't wear a condom at first but then put it on. He was only inside me for like 3-5 minutes tops. He says he didn't come inside of me I believe so as well but now I'm paranoid he could be my unborn child's father. Anyways I got my period after this and after March I only had sex with my boyfriend. I took a pregnancy test 2-3 weeks after I was with my ex and it came back negative. So I'm kinda relieved in a way because that means that my boyfriend is most likely my child's father but then again I've worried the test could've been wrong and I was pregnant and my period was actually implantation bleeding. My ex assured me that neither Time he came inside me and well the pregnancy test I took kinda proves it but I'm still scared it could be his. I had my first prenatal visit but I'm not scheduled for an ultrasound Until June 26th. In the meantime I'm going crazy thinking about probably stressing myself more than I should because most likely it is my boyfriend's baby. The midwife told me that she believes I'm actually 12 weeks because of the size of my uterus and when she used the Doppler she said she had to go really down pelvic just to get a heartbeat and if I was further along like 16 weeks it would be higher. Any thoughts anyone? Please help me ease my mind.

Hi Belle,

It all depends on your March period.  You say you've had them like that in the past so it could be considered "normal."  In that case it is likely that your boyfriend is the father.  You will NOT have a NORMAL period if you are pregnant.  There can be some bleeding however.

The negative test 2-3 weeks after sex with your ex is a good sign.  If you followed directions carefully and used your first morning urine then it should be fairly accurate.  I can't say 100% accurate as false negatives are very common.

The ultrasound should clear it up.  No test can tell you exactly when you conceived.  But, since we're talking a month, in this case it will eliminate one or the other.

Relax for now.  It sound like your boyfriend is the father and not the ex.  You'll know shortly.

Good luck.

Thank you much for taking time to answer my question. I do believe it's my boyfriend's due to the negative pregnancy test results and other factors but I can't stop worrying it may not. My periods tend to be irregular with skipping sometimes 2 months in a row. I'm trying not worry so much, so I'll try to breathe easy and pray everything goes well how it should.

Hi Medic-Dan,
I have had two ultrasounds already since I last posted and they both have put me 5 days ahead. Do you think it's still my boyfriend's? Going my last period my due date is 12/14/12 and the u/s puts me at 12/9/12. Do you think I could've had implantation bleeding from being with the ex on February 10th and the 13th? My last period was 3/9/12 I'm confused on why I'm measuring ahead even if it's just five days