Is it possible that constipation that has been troubling me for over a month now has anything to do with road biking Im practicing almost every day? This is so unpleasant and I feel as if I had rocks in my stomach. I tried several medications but they didnt help. Does anyone have the same issue? Can you tell me what kind of food to eat and what to drink in order to get rid of this nuisance? Thanks a million.

Ive never heard that cycling can cause constipation. As you know, cyclists have a special diet which includes many healthy ingredients and they have their meals regularly, not to mention large quantities of various liquids. All this, including physical activity, prevents constipation. I think that you probably dont eat enough fiber and dont drink enough water. Try eating more vegetables. Two or three hours before riding take a banana with low fat yoghurt and wholegrain cereal and that will definitely help you regulate your bowel movements. Bear in mind that cycling is a very demanding activity and if you dont drink lots of water, you risk dehydration. If the problem persists, go and see your doctor. But, in my opinion constipation cant be caused by cycling.

I suffer from the same problem. It's like my system shuts down after cycling. I don't know if the shorts are too tight around my slightly bulging belly or if its from staying bent over for so long. I believe I drink enough water while riding so I really don't know what to do.

This always happens to me, and then I gain weight. I have learned that I need to replace cycling with running three days a week to keep this problem under control. I hate it!

The cycling should be in the greeny area place in the green climate can give you fresh air to enhail it the you give freshness... and effect your overall body..