I have been having mucus come out attached to my bowel movements... It looks like green puss or something.. and at night when i sleep its almost as thought its draining out (clear) liquids. what is going on? and is there a colon specialist i can call?>

Your colon is coated in mucus which protects it from the toxins, pathogens and highly acidic wastes. When you dont eat enough fiber or eat highly acidic foods your colon produces more mucus to protect itself which shrinks the diameter of the colon. This is why when youve been eating poorly you become constipated or your bowel movements are very thin.
You may want to see your physician or a proctologist but normally a greenish tinted mucus is not uncommon.. Yellow mucus is a common sign of infection.

i am constipated all of the time and some times there is nothing but that yellow mucous that is passed. even when i feel like i need to go very badly and i cant ji still pass that yellow stuff what should i do

Start eating fruits and vegetables on a regular basis. Even if you don't eat vegetables for a week the efficiency of your intestines are going to go way down. Also, eat bran. Get some bran flakes or something like that and eat it on a regular basis. I can't stress enough that you need fruits, vegetables, and other fiber. You can eat the bread and meats if you want, but make sure to supplement it with fiber. People think it's a joke, like someone's talking some zen buddhist propoganda or tree hugging conservationist hysteria, but you're talking about your health. Everyone I've known who doesn't eat fruits and vegetables and other types of fiber has died in their 30's or 40's. Might want to increase your liquid intake as well. Try to consider what sort of impurities you're putting into your body as well...do you smoke, drink alchohol, eat fast food? Are you eating foods that are highly acidic on a regular basis? Drinking a lot of soda?

If you're getting plenty of fruits, vegetables, and fiber already then you need to go see a doctor. If you start eating more fiber and it doesn't help after a couple of weeks, go see a doctor.

I'm just as guilty as the next guy for putting bad things in my body, but I've also had 3 or so occasions where I couldn't pass a bowel movement for up to four days. Every time I solved it by switching to an all fruit diet for several days. Now I learned I have to maintain a balanced diet if I want to avoid those types of problems.

The cure for constipation depends to some degree on the cause. Some folks suffer from chronic constipation,likely due to insufficient fiber intake. Remedies such as prune juice, increasing vegetable intake,
etc., aim to increase fiber intake. Another good source is simple
bran (or raisin bran) cereal. Coffee will also produce an
anti-constipation effect. Exercise is also beneficial.

Constipation is a common complaint, with around 4 million cases in the US alone. Water is key and can really keep things moving (no pun intended). Check the medications you are currently taking as well, as side effects can cause constipation.