i suffer from chronic back pain for years now pain radiating down both legs numbness pins and needles and the odd burning sensation had mri 2 yrs ago said i have dessicating discs for the last 8 weeks iv been in constant agony up every morn between 4-5 screaming in pain.yest i seen pain spec sent me for x ray of lower back buttocks and pelvic x rays .the results showed one of my pelvic bones is higher than other asked was this causing all the pain along with ddd said no he stil wants an urgent mri for my back and he will work on finding out whats wrong there and help fix that.i am confused is pelvic bone serious does it normally require surgery because i think il have to have surgery on my back at some stage thanks for listening would appreciate any help or ideas many thanks shelsers %-)

Have you ever tried chiropractic or sports medicine for this? You can see a chiropractor and they can x-ray you or look at copies of your x-rays if you have them and can determine if their medicine would benefit you. Sports physicians are also specialists in certain kinds of injuries and conditions of the spine, so they may be quite beneficial to you. Look both of these up with your insurance if you'd like and give them a try.

hi thanks for answering i did go to physio at the start when i was working but he needed to see me 2-3 times aweek and its the same with a chiropractor.i have a medical card but these things are not covered under it i would have to pay and i have not worked in 3 yrs due to pain so cannot afford it.could u or anyone explain what the pelvic bone thing is and does it often require surgery thanks again.shelsers %-)