Over the last few days I have woke up with a weird feeling in my throat. It is not sore like a normal sore throat but feels as though there is something stuck there. I looked inside my mouth and discovered a yellow coat over the back of my tongue and also some possible small reddish yellow bumps right down the back of my throat, but I cant really see them. When I breathe it sometimes causes me to cough, could this be part of GERD symptoms or something else?

did you ever get this checked with a doctor? I'm having something similar, i went to the doctor and for doctors suggest that is due to allergies.

Im having the same thing,  only no visual bumps. Went to the Dr. He said it was a scratch and would go away.    Its uncomfortable, not sure what he said was true.

Went to the Doctor a few days later, he said it was allergies and gave me some antibiotics. Has all cleared up and hasnt returned since.