I have had tightness in my throat for over 15 months. I have had cbc tests done, seen 4 doctors and been to a throat specialists. The best I can get out of them is stress theory. I know I have stress and on the outside. I try to make myself believe that there is something else wrong, but I think it is a sign for a throat cancer. it seems like I can feel my throat swelling around the Adams apple region and when I swallow it feels like I totally dried food. My specialists suggested two things: allergies, and acid reflux.

I went to a doctor yesterday because I fell like that my throat is swollen on left side. He suggested we look into GERD or acid reflux and gave me prevacid. I looked into the symptoms of acid reflux: throat irritation and constriction, pain in ears, lump in throat, but every antibiotic they gave me, made it worse. I was terrified that I have throat cancer too. I think you should consider this as a source of your problem. Mine was food and GERD. I am eating creamy soups and yogurt or cereal with milk now, because that's all I could handle.

I have just read the statements of these two people who've been complaining of throat pain and dysphagia. I feel that they should be properly examined by an ear, nose and throat specialist, and perhaps have a thyroid ultrasound scan plus scintigram done, to check for thyroid enlargement and enlarged lymph glands, other than being "fobbed off" with the reassurance that it is perhaps some form of reflux oesophagitis.
M daughter of 20 recently had a "tickly" throat and sometimes a bit of difficutly in swallowing, and she had thyroid cancer which had already spread to her lymph glands.
Prevention is better than cure!
Get a proper checkup done. We wasted almost 6 months as the first doctor who saw her said he couldn't find anything wrong, meanwhile the cancer in young people spreads rapidly, and by then hers had reached 7 out of 22 lymph glands!

for about a week i keep getting this feeling that i have something in my throat when i swallow it feels like there is something there its like a tight feeling and its driving me crazy im worried what could it be :(

this morning i woke up and i my throat bone on the left side hurt =[

I spit phlegm every single day for the past 6 motnhs. Sometimes it might have blood in it. My throat has been hurting everyday for the past two weeks. What is it?

I've read the posts and like the rest of "us" I have the infamous Tight Throat. So its pretty much invasive on everything. It doesn't hurt, it doesn't impede my breathing, it doesn't affect my swallowing, it just drives me crazy. People said it was anxiety, and it isn't. People say that its stress, and it isn't because I've not been stressed and had it. I wake up and its there until I go to sleep where I don't feel it for the sole reason that I'm sleeping (duh). I haven't gotten tested for allergies but I've been told that could be the issue. This stupid throat issue has made me think of the most outlandish probable causes but I haven't come to one that makes sense. It honestly came from nowhere that am cognizant of. Its interesting that we all post requests for help but not one person comes up with a good solution... I just got my blood work done and I'm waiting for that to come back. I hope I don't have to live with this very long. I hope and pray that we all get better. It feels good that I'm not the only one with this issue.

Laterz

Hello Nella,
My Name is Rider and it sounds like I have a similar problem with my throat. My throat is tender and somewhat uncofortable when I swallow, some days worst than others. Overall it seems like its getting worse over the past few months. Mine has been going on for 2 years. The doctor says the same thing that it is most likely allergies and prescribes me allergy meds. The allergy meds seem to sometimes help a little bit, but they do not fully knock it out, and sometimes they don't even work at all. If it is worth discussing, you can write me at theride76 at hotmail dot com
nella wrote:

hey there everyone so im really scared i might have through cancer iv been chewing for the past few months and off and on for the past few years now my throat is really bothering me and im worried it may be cancer but im hoping its not if anyone has any feedback for me please contact me

Hello,for few years , I heard the doctors telling me , you have allergies some use this spray take this pills and so on . Well finally some body actually took the time to look down in my thoat and found a small tumor my surgery was few days ago , I will be seing the doc next week for the results . Please push the doctors to the right thing , we pay alot of money for them to just guest .Ask to be send to the specialist . Know Ijust have to wait until next week ?

I went to the ENT today. i spent a lot of time in emerg with this terrible feeling in my throat like a lump, tightness and pain. He put a scope down my throat and even went past the vocal cords (which is terribly uncomfortable) and said he saw nothing. I have no lump on the outside and my blood work was normal. I am very bother by all of this. I have asked for a scan and they look at me like I'm crazy. My next step is to plead for a referral for a scan and travel to Quebec. I don't think this is nothing. I've been on liquids for 2 months and it isn't getting any better or easier.

For all of you out there with throat issues, see an ENT and ask for a laryngosopey. It's not painful, just a bit uncomfortable. It will put your ind at ease knowing that there is nothing growing IN your throat. The next step is to make sure nothing is growing around the throat to constrict it.

I was also told that infections can get into the nerves of the vocal cords causing a lot of problems and taking time to clear up. Ask about that.

its clear to me by reading everyones posts that doctors really suck... they dont even go as far as helping anyone to any extent, i think that they make things worse if anything.. they shouldnt just hand out pills without knowing what the tru problem is, there is side effect to those that can lead to more problems.. not just the problems from the medicine, but the damn doctors bill, i have alot of things messed up with me because of bad doctors, they suck and the only reason they got into the business is to make money, thats obvious cuz they aint going very far to help. and they can, but they have other things to deal with and its too stressful to do their jobs. i believe you should be able to go to the doctors like you go into the hair salon, tell em what you want and they do it, its your money, 50-60 dollars later,"its probably allergies, ill give you a prescription

I, too, have been suffering from this for three years now! I was told it was 'teacher's throat', allergies, post-nasal drip and I can't remember what else. I have had the scope thing down to my vocal chords twice now and nothing has shown up, other than a general inflammation and heavy, thick mucus.

I have now been on Neoclarityn and Nasonex steroid spray for around two years and these seem to damp down the problem but it never actually goes away. I find it embarrassing when I am talking to my students and my voice either disappears completely or comes out thick and rough like an old wino!

What I find works best is lots and LOTS of hot water and plenty of steamy, hot baths. Anything that helps to shift the mucus is a bonus as I apparently have post-nasal drip which is causing the mucus at the back of the throat. Post-nasal drip, incidentally, seems to be caused by chronic sinusitis and I am awaiting a small operation to clear these.

So, to summarise, you could be suffering from a sinus problem and most likely you have a post-nasal drip. This can be treated with steroid spray and probably an antihistamine. You should ask for another referral, this time to have your sinuses x-rayed or scanned. Furthermore, you can take anti-inflammatory meds such as Ibuprofen to help reduce any swelling in the nasal passages or throat.

Good luck and I will post again when I have had the sinus surgery done.

TO: Hello,for few years , I heard the doctors telling me , you have allergies some use this spray take this pills and so on . Well finally some body actually took the time to look down in my thoat and found a small tumor my surgery was few days ago , I will be seing the doc next week for the results . Please push the doctors to the right thing , we pay alot of money for them to just guest .Ask to be send to the specialist . Know Ijust have to wait until next week

I am also worried about throat cancer. After eating i feel like food is stuck on some thing in my throat. i also have slight pain in the mid-left area of my neck/throat. I feel pressure in my ears not sure if it is related to my alllergies or my throat. if you have any more information on your symptoms or what to say to a doctor to make them check for cancer please post it

my sister has some similar symptoms and she is scared to eat from it,i need help in figuring out why this is happening. if you have any luck, please contact me.