I have had a sore throat for quite some time now. About a month ago I became really sick with a sore throat, coughing - bad head-cold-like symptoms. My son who is 6 mo now, and I had been passing a cold back and forth for about 2 months or so. Well, all the other symptoms went away for me except my sore throat. I thought maybe it was because of drinking beer+smoking cigs (which I only did at night, together a few times a week at home) I went out a few times and ignored my sore throat. I started to feel tingliness in my arms and legs and had been needing to go to the chiro, thinking that an adjustment would help relieve all the diff symptoms I was having, so I started to do that, then I thought if I bought some prilosec that would help too because my stomach started hurting and my throat continued to worsen. Well, my stomach pains were lifted a bit, but my throat continued to hurt so I decided to go to the doc after my 2 weeks were up with the prilosec.. he said I had pharengitis, so he put me on antibiotic Ammox for 2 weeks. My sore throat went away for a little bit, but then flared up again. I started feeling chest pains by then along with headaches and sinus pain and tiredness. I went to the doc again and he gave me another antibiotic-knock off for 5 days. 5 days is up and I'm still feeling pain in my throat, but it doesn't hurt to swallow or talk. There's just a throbbing pain in the front and sides of my throat and I can feel it going down into my chest. My chest hurts, coming and going... occasionally when I breathe in and out - getting worse each day. My head hurts and I have sinus pressure(the doc thought I had sinus infection the second time) and I am really tired, all the time. I feel "droopy", like my eyes... I don't know how to explain that, but all these things did not go away on my second anibitotic. My chest sort of feels like menthol or something, throbbing pain and my throat feels constricting. I am going to the doc's again next week, but I really would like to get to the bottom of this, I've tried slippery elm, antibiotics, chiro, prilosec, vitamins, (seems to hurt more when I'm resting - sitting or lying down - and stressing) I was also told stress might be a huge factor. I can't seem to find anything online as to what I might have, just people like me looking for answers!!!!

If you are having chest pains I strongly recommend you call your doctor or go to the nearest emergency room

Update: well last night I started to develop a fever, it didn't go over 100.7, but by then I had taken a couple IBproufens(sp). When I called the hospital last night they told me to go to the doc's today and get a throat culture done to check for Mono. Well, I did that this morning, just so happens I don't have Mono or Strep. The doc has no idea, but thinks that I still have a bad sinus infection, so he put me on ANOTHER antibiotic! - a generic Augmentin. So, here we go! He said that my infection became immune to the other antibiotics... well I hope this works, if it doesn't then by the end of the week I will be back in.

to be continued.

happeneing to me have been on and off antibiotics for 3 months every time i get off of them ita all down hill and im sick agian with the same symptons a 5 to 7 days after. going back to my ear nose throat dr tom did u ever figure out what it was???

I would definately have your thyroid checked....I was having the identical symptoms and was getting worse, my family doctor could not figure it out, just kept giving me antibiotics, I was a nursing student at the time, and thank god my nursing instructor, realized my thyroid seemed very enlarged, went to an endocronologist and found, I had a considerable mass growing on my thyroid! Or your TSH could be off, my doctor had checked my thyroid level, and it was normal the whole time.....so he just did not catch it. Even though the levels seemed to dramatically vary each time they stayed within normal limits

I was experiencing similiar symptoms . Sometimes mercury poisoning can cause this. The mercury fillings in our mouth cause all those symptoms, try having your Dr test you for mercury poisoning..

HAVE YUO FOUND OUT WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU??? I KNOW ITS BEEN 3 YEARS BUT I HAVE THE EXACT SAME SYMPTOMS! I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH THIS FOR THE LAST 2 MONTHS. THEY GAVE ME GENERIC AUGMENTIN AND IT STILL CAME BACK. AFTER 2 OR 3 TIMES OF TAKING ANTIBOTICS THE DOCTORS ARE STUMPED. THE FIRST TIME I HAD A HIGH FEVER AND SORE THROAT. IT WENT AWAY 2 WEEKS LATER IT CAME BACK. MY THROAT HURTS AND MY CHEST FEELS METHOL LIKE TOO.

PIE PIE PIE PIE

weel, i caught a cold about 3 weeks agoo. with stuffy noose, coughing. it still hasnt gone away, and i am now having chest pain and a really bad headache.. my parents are asleep. its getting baad. what do i doo.

exact same things except from chest pains i'm 13 and was searching online as my local doctors have put me on different antibiotics every 2 weeks none have worked and my throat and headaches are worse so my doctor has arranged a meeting in a hospital i also have ringing in my ears and cannot concentrate in school at all %-)

i've had a sore throat since i was 17 and i'm 21 now, i get mucus constantly, chest pains occassionaly and adominal pains, headaches everyday now, lumps on the back of my tongue, had tonsills removed when i was 14 or 15. have had constant cough for 4 days now and constantly get colds, broncitis and other infections.constantly tired no matter how much sleep i get, chronic depression since i was 13 due to bad childhood but have not found medications that work. have had lots of test but they show normal or negative results and also havent been able to fall pregnant for a year, have booked for a fertility test. also get hot and cold flushes all the time as well. very worried about these symptoms please help me with some advice and diagnoses.

cass

about four days ago i got a soar thraot, then i start to get a really bad cough, well lastnight i got a uti out of no where because i havnt had sex in 5 months, then this morning i get a bad ear infection, and no when i cough i sh*t my pants. does any one know what i should do?:'(

Quote:

Cass- I strongly encourage you to see an endocrinologist and have your thyroid looked at and if that gets you no where, see a rheumotologist. A lot of your symptoms sounds like Fibromyalgia to me.

I have these exact same symptoms told it was Pharyngitis... I received an antibiotic injection its only been 2 days my throat feels better, but feels like I have heart burn, or something..

for the last few months i've had similar things to what has been said above:
sore  throat, tiredness, a nasty cough and chest pain, 
turns out i've had recurring glandular fever and tonsilitis, 
best to get them checked out asap!