Hello!
I need good advice! I noticed a bump in my throat. It is not big, but it feels hard. I never had such thing, so have no idea what this might be. Should I call my doctor?

Hey there. Lump in throat is usually something that requires no medical help, but I would recommend you to see your doctor if you are really worried. Just to be sure that there is nothing wrong with you.

It is a good thing because you don't almost feel it.

That means that it is not dangerous

You should figure out were you dealing with some stress lately?

Do you have problems with anxiety for example?

This lump can be because of it. 

Also, certain foods can cause it as well. I remember that I have tried mango for the first time when I was in Thailand. Guess what, after just one day I felt this small lump.

It was because of mango. 

Hello!
That would be very wise. I heard that some people get throat cancer because of bumps in their throat… even one of movie stars, I red in a magazine. However, this is not necessary a case with you, but you can never be to careful… Maybe you have just a swollen cyst, which don’t even have to be removed. However, if I were you, I would definitely call my doctor…
Wish you all the best!

hi i too have a bump in my throat was at ent who was lookin in to gerd and told me this bump was actually my spine ive never heard of this in my life and his explanation was i was thin but ithink its rubbish as i am heavier now than ever and never had this before i also get a lot of back pain in the morning dont no if its related needless to say my throat is still sore and no further forward any help would be great

yea u should call u dr if u find a bump

Hi I too have had a lump in throat for 2 weeks now. Started off feeling like hairs in my mouth! now it feels like there is something stuck in my throat - my glands have now come up and are tender and I get lots of indigestion and acid reflux. On antiobiotics but they not helped at all---back off to see GP and hoepfully ENT referral!!

I went to a ENT doctor, i have 3 small reddish palish bumps on the back of my throat as well as swollen tonsils. Not much pain, but discomfort.
The Dr. advised me after putting a camera up my nose and down my throat its probley GERD.
I am not over weight at all, everything else is normal.
Nexium is what she put me on, and I have to go back in a month.
Hope that help.

Guest wrote:

So, I have the same thing you had. I just transformed from the hair in the back of my throat to feelingl like I have something stuck in my throat.

for half my life i have always had what docs called a prominent neck.i took ballet and then after i had hysrectomy my neck was always sore...had lots of physical therapy and chiropractor adjustments. Just wondering if all that neck cracking could have injured the cartilage in neck? for the past 2 years been to docs and they said it could be thyroid nodules or tumor.Lost my health insurance so don't go to docs anymore.It is a hard lumpy area about 5 inches long. My throid tests came back fine so they say that probably means cancer.oh well i feel fine.but guess i will just watch my lump.

Omg, I have the same thing!

I can't figure this out, I hope it's not a tumor, but I think it might be a cyst.

exact same feeling like a hair, and it's red

The same feeling as something in my throat but only on the right side feels like someones pushing there finger on my lower throat!???or feels like something is stuck on the right side only?
Went to the docs today 1-2-7... I have no insurance.... so no scope?.....he said there was no need to scope!I had redness in my throat ...he said acid reflex?? raise the bed at the head board + take pepcid= see ya in 30 days=$100.00
Still I don't think acid, but I'am not the doc.. would have paid for the scope with 25% discount just to give me more peace of mind I just hope he is right ;]

Just a few days ago I got the same sort of red lump in the back of my throat. It started the same way, like hair or something stuck in my throat.

I had felt a lump in my throat behind my tonsils that I'll eventually cough up.

I'll cough up this lumpy, mass with the consistency of Play Doh. It is brown/pink and about the size of a pea to a quarter. Get it frequently now and don't know what it is.

This has been happening for 2 years, but I feel fine. Anyone know what this thing is?

I have strep and i have been on antibiotics for a week now.. ive noticed that when i swollow i feel a bump way back in my throat almost like its under the adams apple.. its gotten worse which its making it harder to swollow food as well. Does this have something to do with the strep that i have or could it be something different?

I think you all should drink a good amount of water everyday. That might solve it.