Hi, couple of days ago I got sick. This came as a shock to me since I have not been sick for several years. I caught some kind of flue. Everything that I was supposed to do, I did. Lying in bed, drinking tea and aspirin was on my schedule for couple of days. However, my tongue is different. It changed the color of upper part. It is yellow now. What could be causing yellow color on my tongue?

Hi, while having flue, people take a lot of antibiotics. This can produce the condition that you are worried about-yellow tongue. I must also suggest that you go and see a doctor and advice with him about the yellow tongue since there are other possibilities, as well, that can cause this condition. Such is long filiform papillae. Filiform papillae are like hairs. They act as a protection of the tongue against the food that is abrasive. The length of the filiform papillae is directly responsible for the appearance of the upper part of the tongue. If they are long, the color is yellow. They can also get that color from drinks, food and cigarettes' smoke. It is natural that they change their length. This is rarely serious condition. But just to be certain, pay a visit to the doctor.