From time to time, maybe 2-3 times a year I will get a small perfectly round yellow pimple on my tongue. First it starts out small and red and you can feel the bumpy sore under the surface, but the next day it is a full white head and really painful. It usually grows on the tip of my tongue, or on the side. I am not sexually active. Is it just a regular pimple like any other on the body? It certainly has the same characteristics as any other pimple. Surely it's yellow because of the puss, so it is a form of bacteria on my tongue. It just seems a little odd to have a pimple on a tongue! My mother mentioned once that my grandmother had 5 of those at once! How unbearable! It's a nuisance. What is it and how do we get rid of it?
Thank you in advance,

-J.P

Jessica,

I have the some problem my self. ever since i was like in 5th grade i have had them and they would only come out 2 or 3 times a week as well. but know that i got married they have been coming ever month and they last up to 5-7 day and they and they are a pain. i have bit on it to see if it would go away but instead 2 of them would come out. at first i was told it was becuse i was eat a lot of salty foods but know i dont believe it i hope we can find an answer soon. good luck.

Maricela

Hi did you find out what that yellow pimple was on your to gue because I just got on just like the one you described

Hi I just wanted to let you know what the pimple was on you tongue because I have the same symptoms that you had please respond if you can thank you