Is something wrong with me if I'm 14 and no period yet ? Because my boobs are growing but no sign of my period. But when I was Little I feel on a high heel show and it went inside me and I was bleeding a lot? Can that be the cause?

Hello Kiona

A girl's period, also known as menstruation, begins about 2 to 2½ years after her first signs of puberty (breast development is usually the first sign of puberty, but sometimes pubic hair comes first). Girls usually get their first periods between the ages of 8 and 15. However, some girls start puberty a little earlier or later than others.

A clue you can use to figure out when you might get your period is to check your underwear for vaginal discharge. This clear or whitish, mucus-like discharge usually appears about 6 months to a year before the first period does.

You can also ask your mom how old she was when she got her first period. Girls who get their first period later than average often find that their moms or other female relatives also went through puberty later than average.

Just because you're 14 and haven't gotten your period yet doesn't necessarily mean that anything's wrong with you. Some girls, though, might not be getting their first periods for other reasons. Sometimes girls don't get their periods because of hormone imbalances. Girls who are underweight or who have eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa may notice a delay in the beginning of their periods. Girls who are very athletic might not get their periods until they stop exercising or competing so vigorously. Severe stress or certain illnesses also can delay menstruation.

As for your accident, I am sure, doctor who attended you must have apprised you of possible effects later?

how long have you had puberty it takes at leat a year or 2 after puberty when u get periods