hello, i'm a 17 year old male almost 18 and i started feeling really tired about 2 years ago, I was doing worse at school couldn't remember what i was studying and got distracted easily. months went by and it started getting worse, my mind felt clouded, at the moment it just felt like I was getting dumber... i know now it's what people call brain fog. i also started getting headaches, dropped to a lower grade in school (my IQ is 112). my mom, teachers all thought i was just lazy.. after almost a year my mom finally took my complaints serious, so from then till now i probably did like all tests CT,MRI(of head and neck),bloodwork. doctors always told me i'm perfectly healthy so my mom thought i was making stuff up..(i'm not someone to complain alot over non serious stuff) so she thought i must be depressed (I wasn't doing good in school but that didn't affect me i have lot's of good friends,maybe the reason why i did even worse in class :p) so she put me on antidepressant paxil (called paroxetine in Belgium but i'm pretty sure it's the same) I had a girlfriend at the time was having sex alot at that time but hardly felt anything due to the antidepressants life sucks . in the month I took paxil i didn't really feel much emotions, I wasn't really sad but never felt extremely happy had a I don't care attitude, also was being more rude to people (never got angry tho no emotions) felt bored and lifeless basically. So then I got off them but even now i still feel they affect me (feel less when having sex, harder to get erection). still blame my mom for almost forcing me to take them when i never had a good feeling about it but took them anyways...so last year I had average grades and passed(was in a class that's way to easy for me). But this year the problems started getting really serious, girlfriend broke up with me felt horrible,couldn't stop thinking about it thought i'd never get over it. then brain fog,headaches neck pain back pain got really bad. but after a few months i got over it, i don't care anymore 100% over it (but had a bad start of the schoolyear because of it. after about 3 months i changed to part time school (that's 2 days of school (really basic stuff) and working 3 days ) haven't found a job yet though. from the start of the schoolyear i've been sick staying home at least a day or 2 every week. the brain fog got so bad i started to get a little anxious, like hate waiting for someone alone for like 10 min when alot of people are around (only have this on bad days) so why i'm actually posting this right now is for the last 2-3 weeks i've been to school for 2 days feeling horrible every day started getting VERY VERY bad headaches at the back of my head,neck this led to more anxiety so when i get horrible headaches i don't wanna be around anyone(around good friends i can handle it a little better tho). the last few days have been a real hell. waking up, getting horrible headaches going to bed real early cause i feel like i'm dying..
It got to the point i actually thought i was gonna die laying in bed thinking this is it my life is over i'l never feel normal again I started thinking really negative thoughts, like how my friends would react when i die, being in the hospital, never going to grow up and have a good life etc. my mom thinks i got a severe depression, but a few weeks ago around newyear i actually felt really happy, took MDMA and felt great headache dissapeared brain fog got alot less felt more social etc (puked 2 times but still felt awesome hehe) so then i got home went to bed at around 1 pm woke up a few hours later and felt amazing, almost felt 100% normal again i got really postive started thinking about how i was gonna improve my life, get better in school, go skating and being active everyday again etc. (since new years evei didn't eat anything didn't rly feel hungry so in the evening i ate some bread and suddenly brain fog came back. looked it up thought i was allergic to gluten, so i went on a gluten free diet, didn't feel better tho started feeling worse, i got a cold around 3 weeks ago, it got rly bad headache,brain fog, neck pain, anxiety got ALOT worse. so my mom put me on antibiotics for bronchitis. since then life has been hell, felt a bit depressed (everyone would get depressed if they would feel my pain) my mom actually thinks i'm suicidal now, heard her talking on the phone she's scared i'm gonna commit suicide. cause i've been at home for 2 weeks(used to party most weekends, or do stuff with friends, go skateboarding in the week. my pain is getting so bad i REALLY HOPE someone could tell me what disease/problem i have please i don't wanna go to school feeling like this, but i would LOVE to go to school again if i felt decent at least .. :(. i'm typing this now at night cause my symptoms are better. please help me i NEED a diagnose. thanks in advance

some things i forgot to mention:

- diagnosed with ADD at age 13 got put on rilatin for few months didn't help me
- used to be the most positive/friendly guy had alot of future dreams, lust for life
- found out i had mononucleosis in the past
- a few days ago i did some hormonal bloodwork, blood was taken at around 7 pm 
found out i have high cortisol and low testosterone
- usually i feel worst in the morning and best at night
-used to drink alcohol alot (it's normal in belgium legal at age 16)
-used to smoke weed (not much tho,mainly cause friends did it never really liked it)
-took lsd about 3 times never felt bad or anything

so in short all the  symptoms i have now
Brain fog
Horrible headaches all around my head, mainly the back of my head and neck
Stiff neck ALL THE TIME everyday
back pain same as neck feels like it's connected
social anxiety when i feel really bad (mainly cuz of the brain fog/headache)
non refreshing sleep 
insomnia 
getting chills feeling cold randomly
feeling really hot at other times
night sweating really bad drenched in sweat in the morning
memory problems
low libido
dry mouth lately
allergies
feeling tired really fast after exercise
lust for life decreased
derealization

aah c'mon someone look into this feeling like sh*t atm :/

it is all anxiety

hmm I have no clue what might be causing the problems :(  I have been having some of the same symptoms. Hang in there i am sure there is some logical answer that is all i can think  Good luck hope you find out what it is that is causing you to feel sick

I have most of these symptoms too. Go to another doctor and get another opinion, make sure they test your hormone levels eg thyroid and maybe even for food allergies. You could even try a chiropractor and see if it helps your neck and head pain.

I also have almost all of these symptoms and some hallucinations. I'm just 18. 

Have you ever watched a senior or old person try to use a computer and fail miserably? I feel like the old person only with everything I try to do. Quite disabling. Been to lots of doctors tried some medications but they're too expensive and I still cannot work. They haven't determined for me what the problem is. If you hear back I'd be glad to hear it too. 

PS: Amphetamines make me think better and be more active, at the expense of worse headaches and any regard for any kind of sleep schedule.

Watch the documentary Homo Toxicus it might help to understand why sudden ailments emerge or why children are suffering from chronic disease at younger and younger ages.

hey people thanks alot for the responses ! the last month has been horrible, symptoms got worse.i have been in the house weeks without having any social life because the headache is just too much... it all started getting worse after 2 visits to a chiropractor aka osteopath. i just hope this guy didn't damage any nerves in my neck... since i'm 18 and dropped out of school because of the condition i had to go see the ekwivalent of social services in my country. they kept pushing me i had to go see their psychiatrists because of depression or whatever and started asking me questions like if i got bullied at school since i dropped out ! you **** kidding me ? i was the happiest kid before i started feeling like this... they keep telling me i did all the tests,scans so i must be depressed or have a mental condition ! it feels like i don't even have the energy to stand up to these people and tell them what i feel you know ! anyways thanks again for the responses and i'll check out the documentary.

yeah i got myself a guitar never really played it cause my mind was so foggy and slow. when i did some amphetamines in pretty low dose i started jamming the guitar for 2 hours straight haha ! but i wouldn't want to try them now since i feel too screwed up...

HEY! this same thing has started happening to me! Brain fog to the max! if you havent yet, GET TESTED FOR LYME DISEASE! it is known to cause brain fog, sore neck/ limbs etc. even if you cant recall getting bitten by a tick it is still possible that it may have happened. I AM SO SORRY that your experiencing this. i am going through the same thing and everyone just thinks that i am crazy (e.g. brain fog, soreness, random chills, neck pain) and it is horrible. all of my regular blood tests come back normal, doctors say i am perfectly healthy but i know something is wrong, and i have been attempting to reach out and find others like myself that need help. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get tested for lyme disease. if it turns out that you dont have it, good, but it could really f**k you up if you really do have it and never get diagnosed. and GET OFF THE ANTIDEPRESSANTS. doctors give you that sh*t to shut you up. doctors dont realize nor seem to care about the seriousness of brainfog. PLEASE understand that this shouldnt be your normal state of mind, and that you must do everything in your power to fix it. im trying to do some research to get in contact with people knowledgeable about brain fog. I will post what i manage to find out. STAY IN TOUCH. KEEP YOUR CHIN UP AND DONT GIVE UP. YOU CAN BEAT THIS!

once again, start with getting tested for lyme. it can be really debilitating, and causes alot of the symptoms you have mentioned.

http://www.drlwilson.com/articles/brain_fog.htm

i have sent this guy an email. waiting for a reply

You need to check if you might be suffering from a yeast overgrowth infection with CANDIDA. This may cause the brain fog.

Thanks alot ! i have thought about lyme for a long time but for some reason my mother thinks it's ridiculous, my brother had lyme disease and his face went half numb he got the meds and was better in a week or 2. i was actually tested for it and it came out negative, but i've read that the testing for lyme is really tricky. at this point i have terrible headaches and feel like i lost my life, almost gave up hope. but thanks alot i should really look into that. if you recognise my symptoms get help ! cause waiting made it so much worse for me !! and yeah the antidepressants tell me about it i asked my housedoctor for a painkiller cause of how bad it's going and she refuses, but is always happy to get me on antidepressants yeah right ....

BelgianDude wrote:

Quote:

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

Have your doctor do a test to check your Vitamin D levels. I had all of your symptoms for 9 years (i actually dont remember what it feels like to be normal anymore cos of the brain fog) until my doctor performed the Vit d test and mine was terribly low. Once i started taking supplements in medium doses 5000iu daily my energy came back and all of the symptoms cleared within months except for the brain fog. I later thought that if most of my symptoms cleared using 5000iu maybe if i increased it it'll make everything go away and now am taking 8000iu daily. I think it works cos remember I dont know what it feels to be normal anymore but i sure feels different. I have more energy, i exercise more and I want to "get up and go" now.

I've had all your symptoms you will probably think this is dumb but get tested for mono the severe cases are seriously a bother including feeling high all the time boys on side of face between ears and jaw its worth a shot hope it helps

I'm 95% sure you have adrenal fatigue, I found your post because I have similar symptoms and am looking for answers see link below.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

The brain fog is due to a metabolite build up in the brain

Cortisol is put into overdrive as DHEA increases

back and muscle pains are due to muscle and collagen breakdown caused by the cortisol

cortisol causes hypoglycemia causing sleep disturbances

all the other symptoms the hot/cold, dry mouth, libido etc are all explained within the link.