So, I've been sick for about nine months and still don't have an adequate diagnosis. I had an attack (couldn't breath, sweating) that put me in the hospital in September 2013. Doctors thought I had a heart attack due to high tropinin levels, but the stress test and blood work determined there was no heart attack. Then, things got worse. Over the months I couldn't swallow, had extreme dry mouth, nausea, digestive problems, brain fog, fatigue, blurred vision, and dizziness. A gatro doctor did an endoscopy and esophageal dilation on my in November. He said everything looked fine, but he did the dilation in hopes it would help. Then, I developed tinnitus (ringing in ears) about the third month in; the ringing is still there. I have been tested for Lyme's disease, Sjorgen's Syndrome, heavy metal toxicity, b12 deficiency, Celiac disease, h. pylori, parasites, adrenal gland dysfunction, and thyroid problems. The tests have all come back negative. The only tests which have shown a positive is vitamin d deficiency and low testosterone. I'm now taking d3 supplements, which take care of the vitamin deficiency. My testosterone was at 187. I took Clomid for 6-weeks, which got it up to around 400. Ct scans of my brain and body have come back okay along with an MRI of my brain. The one consistent symptom from the beginning is a thick almost post-nasal drip looking substance in the back of my throat, which I believe has contributed to my ears clogging up and ringing and crackling. I have asked numerous times for a throat swab, but each doctor refuses to do so. They just look in the back of my throat and say no. One doctor has diagnosed me with Meniere's disease after doing vestibular testing, but this seems unlikely since my dizziness and tinnitus is constant and Meniere's usually comes in the form of an attack. The testing showed that I had some pressure build up in my right cochlea. I feel like I'm at the end of my rope. I've been given a course of antibiotics, two courses of Prednisone (steroids), a course of Valtrex, since it is suspected that Meniere's is caused by a virus, 5 months of Flonase and decongestants, meclizine for dizziness. When this all started a doctor prescribed Klonipon and Celexa because he thought it was anxiety. I have seen multiple doctors and don't know what to do at this point. I am progressively getting worse, I can't sleep, feel sick all the time, can't concentrate or think, and don't see any hope in seeing any more doctors without a new approach. Nine months ago i was fine. The only medicines, I took then were Lipitor (20 mg) for 10 years for high cholesterol and Prilosec (20mg) for three years for GERD. I no longer take these. Please, please, please can someone provide some insight or testing that I should have done. Because I look fine on the outside and don't have a fever, doctors don't seem to want to move forward with any further investigation of what is causing me to go through this. At this rate I will be completely incapacitated soon. There's got to be someone here who can contribute. Thank you. -J

since almost all of your test came back normal - and even the attack that triggered the wholw thing sounds more like panic or anxiety attack, I'd recommend you to try seeing either a psychologist or a psychiatrist. Anxiety can be deceiving to the point where you have a feeling your throat is completely closed up and that you can't breathe, however, that is all happening because anxiety tricks your body into thinking it's in a dangerous situation.

But the post-nasal drip you're having is not due to anxiety, that much is crystal clear, so it might be worth testing for allergies,

Wish you all the best,

Nicole

hi bhodilee

i'm in the same your condition.. did you solve? to me it's happened after a travel in cambodia so the main accused are parassites, but nobody can found any evidence or help me
Andrea

I know this information from you is about 2+ years old, but I have been having the exact same symptoms for the past two months. I searched for information and found your post.
Let me first say that I hope that you are doing well.
I was just diagnosed as having mini seizures (I do not remember the specific name of the particular type of seizure, I did not get it on paper). Just wanted to share this with you.
I live in Houston and I really do believe that we have the best doctors/medical center in the world so I felt compelled to write to you.

Hello j... I am 29 and I've had all sorts of test mostly coming back negative... everyone just thought I am making things up and I've been on hormonal medicines, antidepressants, stomach soothing medicines vitamin d and n vitamins with no clear diagnosis...when doctors cannot diagnose antibiotics were also given making my symptoms worse. Dry mouth anxiety insomnia extreme stomach discomfort muscle twiching and cramps headaches earaches, joint pain messed up hormones and tinnitus. I've been suffering for almost 10 years but seem to be getting worse... I've just come across reading up on cellular/ intracellular dehydration... and have stopped all medicine and constantly taking oral hydration salts... and just diet to sooth acidity and inflammation...its also a long term process but it will gradually take all your symptoms away...doctors come up with every possible disease and tests... but refuse to really diagnose intracellular dehydration...please read up on the internet if your symptoms are similar start hydrating yourself...each and every medicine especially antibiotics and antidepressants will make dehydration even worse...and therefore increase your symptoms... hope you feel better soon!