Hi. Im 18 years old. I just got over being sick a very very long time. We never got any answers, but I managed to get over it. It went on for about a year of sore throats, tiredness, just an overall sick feeling every day. Weight Loss, Inactivity, You name it...I had it.

Recently I have been getting extreme headaches and neck/shoulder pain. The headaches are behind me eyes, shooting to my temples, jaw area, and all over the back of my head in spurts. Sometimes its hard to see and focus on words. The neck pain is on the sides of my neck. Its a really strange neck pain. It hurts and sometimes it feels like the muscles twitch for a second, or pulsate, then I get lightheaded and dizzy. I also feel very weak and tired almost every day all day, although I get enough sleep. I get worn out very easily, and I feel as if I have no energy to do anything

I have had neck pain for a while but it just started getting real weird after a massage therapist at a mall gave me a sample massage on my shoulders, then I sat in a massage chair for 3 minutes.

I think I also may have an anxiety or panic issue, when something hurts or I start to get sick I focus on it alot, and I work myself up about it causing perspiration, shaking, labored breathing, thinking I have some major problem, etc etc.

I have tried every over the counter pain medication for my pain in neck and head but NONE of it works. I found tylenol with codeine to totally relieve the pain but they also make me feel very weak and sick.

We have been to numbers of doctors over the past year, even when I was experiencing headaches and I was given neck xrays and cat scans about 4-5 months ago. I'm lost and I dont know what to do next. Somebody please help!!!

Have you had a blood test to check for mononucleosis antibodies? This is how the Epstein Barr virus is tracked. This virus is the cause of mononucleosis and it causes symptoms similar to yours. I suffered from it a few years ago and I felt just like you did. I had no energy, no will power, I was always tired, I suffered from headaches, had fever-it was really a tough period. It lasted for over a month. I had to stay in bed and be calm and wait for it to go away since there is nothing to help you get rid of the virus.

You didn’t mention but I reckon that your doctors have suspected it considering your symptoms.

Anxiety and panic seem normal occurrence after suffering from something you have no idea what it is. I would contribute it to your present physical health problems unless you had problems with it before.

I can totally relate to how you feel. I hope you will get better soon.

I ALSO HAVE BEEN SUFFERING THIS FOR SOME WEEKS NOW AND HAVE BEEN WORRIED,IVE SEEN MY DOCTOR A FEW TIMES AND HE SEEMS TO THINK ILL SHAKE IT.I GLAD TO SEE SOMEBODY ELSE KNOWS SOMETHING MORE ABOUT THIS THAN I DO.ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRICIATED.THANKS

I am a 19yr old female and have been suffering from similar symptoms for about 4 months now. I've also gone to many doctors and have had a cat scan and xrays done. The xray showed i have Sinusitis but the cat scan showed no tumors.
I have shoulder pains, along with neck pains, pain behind and around my ears. I had pains around my temples and constant dizziness that leaves me unable to balance myself. The dizziness leads to nausea and so on. I have a lot of fatigue accompanied by cold chills and constant eye infections. the symptoms went away for about a month but came back and I feel worse now. now i have nausea and balance problems. i've tried allergy medications, pain meds, acupuncture and the symptoms wont go away.
I dont drink or smoke and other than this chronic illness, i'm pretty healthy.
i work and go to college so its safe to say my life is pretty stressful. i also experienced anxiety problems the 1st time but this last time they arent as bad. this is really interfering with work and school and not to mention, my pocket since i have no insurance. if anyone has any ideas as to what i can do to get rid of this i would love to hear them. thanks

i, too am in the same boat. I am 19 years old and have been hit pretty hard by this mysterious sickness. I came down with mine about 4.5 months ago. I tested positive for CMV which can cause a mono like illness. After so much blood work and x rays, i have a clean bill of health, other than what i am experiencing. The blood work has shown that my immune system is working the way it should and my liver and so forth has all checked out. I go to college and work as all. I also have high blood pressure. I have been told about 5 or 6 different illnesses... none of which really check out.

Hello Everyone,

I am 39 yrs old and have suffered the same symptoms. Has anyone been tested for Lyme disease (tick born bacteria)? I tested positive and was given antibiotics which I need to take for 3 months. Have a test just to rule out...if not caught, this can be very nasty.

Regards,
Joe

This will not be helpful yet but if I get any answers to my problem I will let you know in case it's something you have not ruled out yet.

Here's my case:
About 4 to 5 weeks ago I started to become very tired everyday, nothing could keep me awake and I thought I was just overworked. This continued to happen even after weeks of sleeping 12-18 hours a day and I am the type that only needs 5-7 hours of sleep to feel good.

Then I started to get a major burning in my neck which radiated to underneath my left shoulder blade...very intense burning pain. At the same time I started to loose strength in my hands and my feet felt like they were half asleep or something, I also had developed sweating a lot which is something I don't normally do. I went to the doctor to get blood work done then got sent to have an MRI...figured I had a pinched nerve or something. The MRI came back and said my neck vertebrae looked fine but they did notice enlarged lymph nodes. Then my blood work came back and it was all clear (says the doc), she said I had nothing to worry about.

Since then I became even more ill..like I have pneumonia or bronchitis, no vomiting or nausea but a really bad cough and aches all over, still being tired all the time and having the neck and shoulder pain as well....life sucks!

The weird part:

My best friend called from back home and started to tell me he was sick, said a few of my symptoms and I was like no way! Put him on speaker phone so my wife could hear what he was saying and it floored us both, he has THE EXACT SAME SYMPTOMS!

So now I get to thinking about how I had gone out of state about a week or so before I started to get tired for a wedding which he and I both attended. Now we have the same exact symptoms and both of our doctors basically told us we were fine and should go to physical therapy for our necks (neither of us knew anything about this until yesterday).

My fren has the same symptoms. Shez in her mid 20s. Thing is..shez under slimming medication sometimes n thts when she feels pain, and EVERYTHING else tht was mentioned in the original msg of this thread. including neck and shoulder aches which hv been going on for yrs!! But anyway, she believes that the slimming pills might hv caused them. However, she has not stopped taking them fully yet. She is still taking them whenever her wt increases quite a bit. Does anyone know if it is indeed the side effects of the medicines??

I'm a 19yr old female suffering from many of the same symptoms. I had Lyme Disease about 4 years ago. They misdiagnosed me for 2 years, and when they did catch it I was in and out of the hospital for a year. Ended up having $25,000 in hospital bills. In my case I'm not sure if my symptoms are a result from having Lyme Disease, or if it is something totally different.

About 8 months ago, I had camphlobactor virus, which is similar to salmonella. After 2 different antibiotics, the symptoms went away. For a few weeks I felt back to normal. Then shortly thereafter, I started feeling extremely tired, and having weak, dizzy spells. I have also experienced horrible headaches EVERYDAY since. Well now it is march, and somehow my energy levels are a bit better, but I am still having HORRIBLE headaches that are not effected by light nor sound, everyday. I have been to many different doctors, chiropractors, and herbalists. I have been tested for: mono, thyroid, lyme disease, had cat scans of my head, had ultrasounds of my stomach, been tested for soooooo many different things. Ive tried paxil, effexor, elavil, neurontin, fioricet, and NOTHING is working!!! Please someone help! my email is abercrombiegal28@hotmail.com

I've had similar symptom for 1 year and half now. I've done all sort of health checks just like other people. My blood and urin samples showed that I am healthy. The gynocologist told me that my harmone unbalance is also not the problem of my fatigue.

I also went to a psycologist, which I didn't find helpful at all...

I am a pretty outdoor person, I enjoy jogging and playing sports and I try to do my eye exercises every day to avoid any office syndrom....

My symptom: fatigue, weakness, headache, unable to concentrate.....

My profile: 22, female, asian, 5'3", 110 lb, vegetarian, non-smoker.

PLEASE, CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT MY PROBLEM IS? Thank you!!

It started with with neck pain, not the type of pain you get from sleeping wrong but some weird more seroius pain. Spread to my temple and then to my jaw.

I usually am very athletic and run about 1.5 miles a day aside from weight lifting. Today(3 weeks later) I find it very hard to run 1.5 although I sill run it and struggle. I find myself short of breath when at rest. My doctor says nothing is wrong. Maybe TMJ but I think not.

It could be a combo of anxiety and TMJ? I don't know but niether makes sense. I should get X-Ray.

I'm a 16 years old FEMALE now, and in the last year of High-school.. I've suffered from Neck-pains, chest pains, generally fatigue, lack of stamina, lack of appetite and when i DO eat i feel sick [i only eat light stuff now.. like salad else i have to pay my respect to the porcelain god] lack of sleep rhythm [I can sleep for DAYS without feeling refreshed.. I'm simply ALWAYS tired] but particularly strong headaches have been bothering me.. headaches to the point where school became a hell.. specially this year, my last in high school, have been bad.. and my headaches are almost constant.

I've never been at a good physic shape, but now i am worse than ever.. i cannot run 100 meters without having to stop and take a break.. and the fresh air everyone say should be so good for me gives me headaches, i also tend to have aches behind my eyes and by my temples.. as well as a sore throat and problems adapting to temperature changes, I'm hyper sensitive to touches, light and sounds... as well as i have flu-like symptoms that doesn't go away [sneezing, coughing, sore&slimy throat.. sticky nose and such ]

It's really bothering me, but most importantly it's putting a risk on my future! And my doctor and teacher is for no help.. All my doctor did was saying that i needed glasses.. my teacher thought it was mental problems and the school nurse found out i had incredibly good hearing.. none of these helps me much but i would be really grateful if anyone knew what i am suffering from.. Because.. It's 1: destroying my future, 2: SCARING ME.. I don't like feeling like this.. it's a hell, and the headache and pains is PAINFUL.. particularly because NO ONE believes me, and my mother keeps forcing me on school though merely BEING there increases the pain.. my classmates are so noisy and they keep coming to close and accidentally pushing in me or pushing the tables in me [they do that on everyone] but it seems only i react badly on it..

I could copy and paste most of the responses here because for about a year now I have been suffering from muscle weakness, neck/shoulder pain, throbbing/tingling in the back of my head. Right now it is even difficult for me to focus on typing this and constantly have to correct spelling because my hands are so weak my hand eye coordination is all screwed up. I've been tested numerous times for Lyme disease, Mono, and had my thyroid numbers run as well. Everything says I am healthy. Blood oxygen is optimal also. I've had nerve conduction studies done, MRIs, cat scans, EKGs etc, all are pristine except that I do have Chiari I malformation but none of the docs seem to think it is related to my issues. I am now going to go back to a Neuro for a second opinion. :-(

I am surprised that so many people suffer from this, and it seems mostly younger people. I am 52 years old and recently I had severe pain in my ear and down my right nect where it got very sore. Then it moved to my left side. I had recenlty had dental work so I chalked it up to that. Now the right side of my neck is hurting and burning down to my shoulder. The only thing that helps the pain are pain pills and rubbing it. The relief is short-lived. I took on a new job in 2007. I use the computer a LOT. I always used one but not this much. I believe it is this that is causing my neck and shoulder pain. Are you young people using the computer constantly? Emailing, my spacing, looking up information, etc.? My guess is that is what is probably wrong with all of us.