I’m interested in exams that can be performed for the diagnosis of uterine cancer. I recently had pap test and it was negative, but I know that it did not mean that it was 100% negative, but 50 or a bit more. I have increased discharge often, not related to my period. I’m 40 and am not in perimenopause. I have heavy flows and painful both periods and ovulations. I’m interested in uterine cancer testing methods. Thanks in advance.

Regular gynaecological examinations are the most important in early detection of uterine cancer. Gynaecologist can notice if something occurred. Vaginal ultrasound and hysterectomy are exams that are used to detect certain abnormalities. Also CT scan, MRi, than specific blood tests are done too. There is also genetic test that can be done to check of there is increased risk of development of uterine cancer. You’re right about pap’s test, but, at least, it is good that it was negative, isn’t it?